Welcome To The Conference Finals!

So there will be no rest for the Celtics as they go straight to South Beach for a battle with the Heat. Meanwhile, the Thunder and Spurs are revving up for tonight's Game 1 after heaps of rest. This, my friends, is that true time of the year for good competitive basketball. No more lackluster play, at least we hope!

As for DTTF, the West and East games will be played in alternating dates, so this fantasy game now comes down to who are you picking to lose. No more other games to pick from if you are undecided. If in earlier rounds, we waited for a series to finish two games before we pick from them; in these series, we have to pick now. In some aspects, you may find it now simpler. If you are betting on the Thunder to win, go ahead and line up your Spurs for picking. As for me, I am picking the Spurs to win. I have four Thunder already picked in Games 1 to 4. The only way that will ever change is if the Thunder leads 1-0, 2-1 or 3-2. My first pick is Kevin Durant.



With regards to Russell Westbrook (and Tony Parker's remark), I believe three things will happen: (1) Westbrook will push himself to perform well against Parker; (2) Parker and the Spurs will stop him; and (3) Westbrook will be stopped. And that is why I am sticking with the default but tried and tested player, Durant. Heck, even Harden is now more lethal against the Spurs' bench!

The East? Well, my choices are limited. I pick the Heat to win, but I only have Rajon Rondo and Ray Allen left, so expect me to pick Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh in this series even if they go to the Finals. As I said before in the comments, I am willing to sacrifice a future round for a much better and more sensible pick now. So I am picking Rajon Rondo in Game 1. Then after that, don't be surprised if I pick from the home team. [UPDATE: Reconsidering. Will reveal final pick on next blog entry.][UPDATE 2: Glad I didn't change, Rondo got the best PRA among my available Celtics.]



Until Biff comes back from the future and dominate DTTF, make mine Marvel!

Comments

  1. Well, game 7 was very good. Celtics win (yeah), Brand was the 3rd best option of the 76ers behind Holliday and Iguodala who I picked earlier.
    He started so good with 8 pts 2 reb after the 1st quarter but followed it with 8/3 at halftime and 9/4 after three quarters. At least he ended it strong with a tip shopt just before his 6th foul. 21 PRA (15/6) is very good, very happy about that.

    As for the next round, I also favor the Spurs slightly, but I´m not so sure about it. Anyway the Spurs are not an easy team fot DTTF. Years ago you had their big three (and I almost never got the one who performed best of the three in that particular game), but now you have about 8 players that can be good but only two that you can kind of rely on with Parker ond hopefully Duncan. With the Thunder you have their big 3 and that´s about it. For the rest you can toss a coin.
    So, at most, there are three must-picks for the Thunder, and even if the Spurs continue sweeping their opponents (which I don´t see happening, six games at least if not an upset) I will start with a player from the home team. And why not Boris Diaw? Wish him (and me) luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, game 7 was very good. Celtics win (yeah), Brand was the 3rd best option of the 76ers behind Holliday and Iguodala who I picked earlier.
    He started so good with 8 pts 2 reb after the 1st quarter but followed it with 8/3 at halftime and 9/4 after three quarters. At least he ended it strong with a tip shopt just before his 6th foul. 21 PRA (15/6) is very good, very happy about that.

    As for the next round, I also favor the Spurs slightly, but I´m not so sure about it. Anyway the Spurs are not an easy team fot DTTF. Years ago you had their big three (and I almost never got the one who performed best of the three in that particular game), but now you have about 8 players that can be good but only two that you can kind of rely on with Parker ond hopefully Duncan. With the Thunder you have their big 3 and that´s about it. For the rest you can toss a coin.
    So, at most, there are three must-picks for the Thunder, and even if the Spurs continue sweeping their opponents (which I don´t see happening, six games at least if not an upset) I will start with a player from the home team. And why not Boris Diaw? Wish him (and me) luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As I said before, if from now on all the series go to 6 games, you will need 18 picks; that is 4-5 picks from every team. So, it doesn't matter who will win... You have to use at least 5 players from the teams on the final round and everybody will produce the same on each round... I think the strategy is to guess when every player will be hot...
    Congratulations, Alex... I considered Diaw for game 2.

    ReplyDelete
  4. For a moment there in the 3rd I thought the Thunder can pull out a win, but Manu and the Spurs rallied. Glad Durant got 41 PRA and glad that my pick plan still holds. Westbrook or Harden in Game 2

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are reading my mind... Do you feel any change in it???

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes. You are now picking a Thunder. May I suggest Durant?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Diaw was so good. When the Spurs were up 10-7 after a few minutes he had already 4 pts, 1 ass, 1 reb. He was up to 16 PRA (8/4/4) with about five minutes left in the third, then he was pulled and never saw the court again.
    I only read the play-by-play. Was he hurt? Why didn´t he come back?
    Well, I´ll have to take the 16 by a role player (second best option out of the big 3, and nobody could have expected what Splitter did in his 9 minutes of playing time), so that´s not too bad. But I have to go Thunder now.

    For the Heat-Celtics series I will have to start with the Celtics because right now I only have James and Chalmers left of the Heat (Wade is the only player of all the conference finalists I picked earlier). But I don´t want to start too high depending on how the series goes. So I will get the smallest of the Big 3 out of the way and hope for Ray Allen to get overlooked by the Heat and get hot.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Allen is still not himself. I'll wait for one good full ame from him before I comfortably pick him. I won't be surprised if he puts up a 20 PRA; his last quarter of basketball (Game 7) was a glimmer of hope.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I should pick a Thunder, but... I'm going with Parker.
    Westbrook next time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, you should pick a Thunder :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment