OVER OR UNDER: Strength In Numbers

OVER OR UNDER started with amazing perfection at 3-0, so it's likely only downhill from here, but let's see if I can at least get one or two of these four upcoming. The playoffs have been awesome so far. I've been loving em!


PHI/MIA: Harden will go 25-8-8. I'm taking the UNDER on this even though they he's clearly due for a big game & he's typically very likely to get double digits or close to in rebounds & assists, especially with Embiid still being ruled out. However, he just looks like a shell of his old self lately; depressing to watch honestly.



PHX/DAL: Doncic goes for 20-10-10. I'm taking the OVER on this so I'm basically predicting that he'll get a triple-double. The guy can get to 20 points in his sleep so it's the other counting stats to watch here. Prob wishful thinking since I have him picked, but I expect the supporting cast to finally step up which should launch Luka's assist numbers up.



BOS/MIL: Robert Williams 10-10 w/ 2 blocks. I'm taking the OVER and of course the second 10 is rebounds. Time for "Time Lord" to step it up. I expect the game to be close but that's not part of my prediction here. I just think his combined 16 points / 12 rebounds so far in this series is weak sauce and that he'll get close to that in this game alone.


GS/MEM: Warriors win by 10. I'm taking the OVER as I expect the Warriors to punch back hard. Morant may still get to the 30s in scoring but that won't stop the Dubs from getting a double digit win and establishing some more control in this series.




*Stay Tuned for the RESULTS posted below in the coming days.

----------------------------------

RESULTS: 2-2 (now 5-2 running total)

PHI/MIA: Harden went 17-8-6 so I technically got this one correct as he hit the rebounds right on the head.

PHX/DAL: Luka went 26-13-9 so I missed this by 1 damn assist!

BOS/MIL: Time Lord showed up a bit better with a somewhat balanced stat-line, but unfortunately his 10/5/3 line didn't hit the rebound amount I predicted.

GS/MEM: GS blew them out by 30 and couldn't miss. Nailed this one.


Comments

  1. I agree Luka will have only 20+ points. The Suns in G2 were attacking him all game making him work on the defensive side. No juice left in the 4th quarter. This G3, they’ll work to spread the offensive load so Luka can at least have more energy in the 4th where he is needed more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here's to hoping he brings the REBS and ASSISTS as well!

      Delete
  2. who is your pick ? Im thinking Maxey or Harris I already took Harden

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got Doncic; however if I had Harris or Harden I'd pick one of them. To me Maxey is the one I get to when I get to...

      Delete
    2. happy with 31 from Maxey .harris had about the same

      Delete
  3. I am picking Luka, I agree this is the game for everyone in the Mavs to step up if they want to stay in the series. As much as I want the Suns to advance, I still think the Mavs will win game3 and make it a little more interesting.

    I also think Harden has been far from what the Sixers need from him (unluckily for my pick). But I want to believe he will at least have one big game. And I would take the over here for game3.

    I have the feeling that Bucks will have a strong game3, so it would be more difficult for your Williams prediction. We will see. And I am picking Clarke. I don't know if it will be a +10, but I hope the Warriors will win. I was tempted to pick Melton, as I have a good feeling about him for this game without Brooks. But it's a risky play, and I will go the safe route

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone knows you can't go down 0-3 so to me, especially the team that's down 0-2. So Game 3 is basically like an elimination game in this situation as history would suggest. It's a must win for the Mavs and while Luka is likely great in pretty much every game, he definitely has to be great in a game they win. It's no longer the Brunson/Dinwiddie show this round.

      Delete
    2. Of course I should have picked Melton. "Safe route"...LOL

      Delete
  4. I took Doncic and all is good with 40 mid 3rd quarter he's well on his way to 60+, nothing can get in the way........ but something has to get in the way if I picked him on GD in 2022 it's called fouls in half the 3rd quarter he went from 1 to 4 fouls forcing him to sit the rest of the quarter. Then less than a 3rd of the way in the 4th quarter at 45 PAR he got #5 which will keep him under 55 maybe even 50.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 48 just 8 PAR in the last 1½ quarters. I'm not getting any 60+ scores with this curse and I'm starting to doubt even reaching 50. To go from 1 foul at half to this horror is unbelievable but I guess when it comes to my picks it's certainly believable! May have finally gotten a green but it's all about the score. Obviously I'm not winning when I'm 173 behind but even getting to 17th/18th (mid-table) seems less and less likely. If I had not picked him tonight he would have had 3 fouls tops and 58 at the worst and that's if a 20+ blowout emerged late 3rd/early 4th quarter.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. I'm still not picking from that series

      Delete
    2. who u like between the 2 ? I took Morant and Thompson..n Jackson..Danes been real cold.Memphis has Clarke who isnt an urgent pick.GS has Curry Poole and Green

      Delete
    3. who'd you end up picking? I may finally pick a Celtic next game.

      Delete
    4. I took Brown both were good picks This was slightly better than Holiday and they lost which is good

      Delete
  6. Damn, I nailed the Harden UNDER to go 4-0, but then took a painful loss barely with my Doncic triple double as he missed it by just 1 assist. Still... pretty happy with those predictions and even though I want the Suns & Heat to advance I'm find their opponents both winning today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was good with Robert Williams w/ 10 pts & 3 blocks but his 5 rebounds lost me that overall prediction. Warriors winning my more than 10 was one I crushed the OVER on since they won by 30. Fun times!

    ReplyDelete
  8. debated between Brunson and Embid But thought 76ers had better chance to comeback but tough pick for today Took Brunson Leaning towards Horford tomorow who couldnt miss yesterday

    ReplyDelete
  9. who u like tonight ? dane or Horford for me ?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am picking Tyus Jones today if Morant can't play. I still don't want to pick from the Bucks-Celtics series. Jones is capable of giving decent PRA and I want to have as many good available picks as possible for the next rounds

    ReplyDelete
  11. JJJr. has 7 par at half worse than everyone but Bane who has just 3, so why Bane? Well that's my FP pick! #masteratpickingwrong

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i had him too I was torn between him n Horford ..grrr

      Delete
    2. Damn you are becoming the the master of picking wrong, Ace, but let's turn this ship around!

      Delete
  12. I will stick to my guns, picking Finney-Smith. If the Mavs someway manage to advance I'd be screwed anyway. And Steven Adams tomorrow, as he now looks like a decent pick

    ReplyDelete
  13. Two blowouts. Not a good night for DTTF. In one game I kind of wasted Butler, got one his worst nights of the playoffs and it looks like I might have needed him in the next round. In the other game I got wasted by Crowder. He isn´t especially a PRA stud, but in this series he kind of was. A decent pick at least. Except for that game, at home, where he didn´t do much of anything. Well, not a big loss seeing as nobody got anything good out of that night, but still.

    And now, in games 6 in these two series I scramble to pick Doncic (GD) and Embiid (FP). Every year the same scenario, haha.

    I love DTTF. Kind of. It´s a love/hate-thing :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment