Game 7 Time!

It all comes down to this!

Pacers/Knicks and Nuggets/Wolves will be decided during a game 7 double header! This is amazing for basketball, but stressful for Drive to the Finals players. What path should you take? Let's break down everything you should keep in mind when making a decision here. 

How many Dallas and Boston players do I have left?

Dallas just advanced to the third round tonight, and Boston advanced forever ago! Having a full slate of both Dallas and Boston players gives you a bit more leeway to pick from an advancing team in the other series. Boston you absolutely should have in its entirety, but you may have dipped into Dallas. They have been tied 2-2 in both their series facing game 5 on the road. I've been fortunate to have a full slate from both teams. I picked against the Clippers in Round 1, and I focused on Cleveland for the first 5 games in Round 2 to push making a Dallas/OKC pick until game 6. Very happy with how that worked out. How is your cupboard looking for Boston and Dallas?

Does my format have a round multiplier?

If you are playing in a round multiplier league, you should absolutely save the best players from the team you expect to advance. Why have Jokic, Brunson, Edwards, or Haliburton for 2x the points when you can get 3x the points next round and 4x the points in the Finals. Pick your best remaining player from a team you expect to lose.

Am I behind in the standings?

Drive to the Finals players very seldom have unique takes on series outcomes. Let's face it, we all expect Denver and New York to advance, right? If you have a feeling on an underdog or need to make up ground, now's a chance to go with your gut and pick Jokic or Brunson, and hope you can get them while everyone else loses them. 

How many players have I picked from these series?

The second round schedule has really forced our hands into picking from these two series. Every single person has picked at least 8 players that will play today, and almost all of us have dipped into both Denver AND Minnesota. Denver was down 2-0, and Minnesota down 3-2, each causing the masses to pick from the trailing team. I picked Pascal Siakam in round 1, and also picked Turner, Haliburton, Nembhard, and Nesmith from Indiana in round 2. I've picked KAT, Edwards, and Gobert from Minnesota. I've picked Jokic in Google Drive and Murray in Fantasy Postseason from Denver. I've yet to pick from the Knicks. 

Am I risk adverse?

Picking Jokic or Brunson, with an expectation that New York and Denver will win, is being risk adverse. It feels really bad when you fail to pick a really good player and they lose unexpectedly. Are you willing to roll the dice and eat that loss? 

Here are my decisions:

In Google Drive, I'm picking Jalen Brunson. I've already picked Nikola Jokic, which reduces my risk there. I've drained the Pacers of everyone outside of TJ McConnell, who is alright but by no means a must pick. I've picked the top 3 Wolves. I'm picking Brunson because he is nursing some injuries and he's produced huge numbers all playoffs. I want to get him while I can, especially since every team who plays Boston this year suddenly has all their players on the injury report and missing action. I can pick a bunch of other Knicks, or some of Boston's depth, in round 3.

In Fantasy Postseason, I'm picking Mike Conley. I want a near full slate of Knicks and Nuggets for next round, and think they will both make it. I've only picked Jamaal Murray, when Denver was down 0-2. A lot of people picked Jokic, and there is potential to get Jokic with a juicy 4x multiplier later on. 

Who are you picking?

Comments

  1. Same here with Celtics and Mavs untouched.

    For me it's picking Brunson over Murray. The league I'm in has no multipliers so I'm okay into just cashing-in. With Hart expected to be slowed down by his abdominal injury, Brunson more than ever will have to pick up the slack. I may lose the chance to pick Murray if Sota wins, but that's just what it is.

    In ECF and WCF, I will probably won't touch Luka, Kyrie, Tatum and Brown. Unless their team is down X-2. That will be a tricky thing -- a lot of reading articles, watching interviews and trying to get the feel which role players will have more impact on an incoming game.

    Let's go Mavs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should have only taken one Mav but thanks to Levert not playing I ended up taking Irving and getting an AWFUL 18. I should have thought of Strus instead of Levert as not only did Strus get eliminated while Irving advanced but he even topped him by 10! Those who took no Mavs took a chance of losing 2 of their top 3 and it paid off which is what it takes in this game and most series are tossups!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's officially a "trick series" 22 point Pacers lead under 4 minutes into the 2nd quarter and unfortunately I've used all 3 top Pacers and gotten bad results from Haliburton and Turner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What on earth happened to Brunson? He was at 26 mid 3rd quarter and never moved after that! So many hosings this round especially this series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My luck has got to be the dumbest in DTTFs history! Alex Burks had more than Brunson as a result!

      Delete
    2. Jokic? well he put up the BIG 6O AND the Nuggets lost making that a perfect pick!

      Delete
  5. Let's hear it for my Wolves! I live in MN so I have to cheer for them :). I agree with past comments on this blog site that Towns and Rudy make very stupid plays & fouls a lot, but you have to admit that KAT showed up the last couple of games to play good defense (as best as you can) against Joker and provided key buckets to help secure one of the greatest 2nd half comebacks that the NBA has seen in the playoffs! As far as my standings in the public Fantasy Postseason site, I have been hanging out in the top 10 for awhile now. Its tough to really move up now

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratz Arvo for Sota advancing and your top10 standing in FPS!

      Delete

Post a Comment