OVER OR UNDER: Let The Game 2s Begin!

Alright, here we go. Heading home from my honeymoon tomorrow, which is unfortunate, but hey, at least the NBA Playoffs are here! And for the first time since 2013, all the home teams (higher seeds) won Game 1. I figure at least TWO road teams will win their Game 2s. 

Now let’s consider some Over/Under scenarios for Monday’s slate and see how they pan out.



ORL/CLE: Cavs win by 10. I’ll take the OVER. I’m sorry Magic fans, but I just don’t see it. Paulo looks like a deer in headlights. 9 turnovers in Game 1?! I just can’t get some of Spyda’s insane playoff performances from the past out of my head. He’s the best player in this series and most of the others are also on his team. 




PHI/NYK: Miles McBride scores 10 points. I’ll take the UNDER. This guy is a classic “ghost gamer” who, to his credit, has had a lot of great scoring games down the stretch of the season and of course in Game 1 scoring 21 points. I simply believe he disappears in this one. 



LAL/DEN: LA Lakers will have 20 bench points. I’ll take the OVER. Please God, can they get some effort off the bench after Prince scored 11 in Game 1 and the rest of the bench got…wait…what?… ZERO. So only 6 Lakers scored a point last game. That’s wild. Dinwiddie and Vincent I’m looking your way. The Lakers need to turn this ship around NOW; even if they lose again, it needs to be with some bench effort. 



*Stay Tuned for the RESULTS posted below later tonight.

----------------------------------

RESULTS:

ORL/CLE: I hit the exact over/under mark here so it guess it goes down as a TIE? (TIE)

PHI/NYK: McBride ended with 9. Nailed it baby! But man, those Knicks have some sort of angel following them around lately. I've seen way too many miracles out of them over the last month. (WIN)

LAL/DEN: Somehow the Lakers ended up with even less bench points today at 6!! All from Prince yet again. That's just too crazy. Two straight games with only 6 players scoring a point. Still, they should have won this game. They led the whole way until the buzzer. Just insanity. (LOSS)

Current Over/Under Record: (1-1-1)

Comments

  1. I'm gonna pick Embiid today if he's cleared to play. The guy is clearly playing through injury, and he aggravated that knee injury in the first game again. I think there's a strong possibility that he cannot finish this series without missing games. Even he could, I think his effectiveness could go down each passing game. If he's out, my pick goes to Lebron.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maccabi del LevantarApril 22, 2024 at 3:27 AM

    One of the classic rules of this game, go with your first gut. My first thought was to pick Bam, I went with Herro instead. Oh, well...Going with Banchero, Siakam and Bam for G2, and not changing it unless they can't play.

    As for your predictions, I am taking the over with the Cavs too after watching the first game. About the Lakers bench I am not so confident. And same as the Mavs for example, I also think they need more balanced scoring, not relying so much on their stars. I am hoping you will be wrong about Deuce McBride, my Knicks need to score from deep to advance this series, and to open up space inside for Brunson. And especially Donte and Deuce need to hit their shots. There's no way Hart will be this good all series long (as much as I love the other things he gives to his team)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Harts a dog he is going to get his Best rebounding guard ive ever seen since Magic Johnson and was shorter.Im switching to Embid .Hero laid an egg yesterday for me as he did in my fantasy league .Tomorow Booker think he will bounce back.Siakam a good pick too Then Bam not sure on thursday Of course its open to change thats the name of the game but i dont usually like to

      Delete
  3. For the record, the Knicks are ridiculous. Seriously blessed by some angels with the miracles I've been seeing out of them the last several weeks that have carried right into these playoffs.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment