AGAINST THE GRAIN: Can't Take The Heat?

Here's my first AGAINST THE GRAIN of these playoffs. 

There’s no doubt Herro & Adebayo will be popular picks today and for good reason. The Heat got spanked in Game 1 and it’s likely to happen again in Game 2 against a dominant Celtics team in Boston. While Jaime Jaquez could be a decent ATG pick (35+ min in Game 1), it just feels like the Heat are in danger yet again of getting blown out with low-ish stats for many players.

Instead, I’m looking the direction of someone like CJ McCollum on the Pelicans. Sure the Pelicans kept it close in Game 1, but that was just OKC’s young jitters. They should be much better moving forward and should win the series handily; however the Pelicans simply don’t look like they’ll get blown out. They have a deep team with a quality bench, which is one of the reasons why I’m too afraid to roll with Valanciunas. Sure it’s tempting after Game 1 where he got 35 PRA, but he & his minutes simply aren’t consistent enough from what I’ve seen out of this team. Obviously Ingram in a bounce-back should be your pick if you haven’t picked him already, but I think CJ is due for a breakout game as well so he’s my ATG suggestion, although I’m rolling with BAM as my pick (shrug).




*Stay Tuned for the RESULTS posted after the games.

----------------------------------

RESULTS: McCollum had 15/5/4/2 so 24 PRA. Decent, but not great. Hoping to see 30+ PRA from him if/when I pick him.

Comments

  1. I know it is better for players picked to be eliminated in the round they are picked in but Siakam put up 50+ twice and I stayed away since the Pacers are actually slightly favored to win that series and took Durant GD/Booker FP who are 0-2 but both only got mid 20s.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i had Booker he laid an egg but im taking Durant tomorow.,Tonight im taking Bam

      Delete
    2. I took Bam GD, Herro FP they got 33 and 44 ....... but the HEAT WON!

      Delete
    3. Davis GD/James FP because the Lakers are least likely to come back!

      Delete
  2. Celtics denying Bam the ball. This doesn't look good for us who picked Bam today. Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eh he was alright in the end. Herro would have been better. May still have a chance to pick him though.

      Delete
  3. Picked Herro yesterday, great result. Going with Lebron today, KD tomorrow in semi-elimination games considering no team in NBA history came back from the 3-0 deficit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i was going to tAke LeBron But ill take him next game and take Maxye.Saturday i dont want take any New Orleans so i need to take james Saturday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought about it too, but I still have Banchero who I want to pick at home. He's my pick on Saturday and expecting 35ish PRA.

      Delete
    2. dont want risk not getting maxey or james ..Banchero hasnt done too well but may be due

      Delete
  5. Maccabi de LevantarApril 25, 2024 at 1:09 PM

    Some unexpected results in these G2. And they make some series more interesting than I thought. For the next days I have LeBron, Booker and Ingram (Valanciunas in GD where I already used Ingram)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Changed today's pick to Embiid. Relying on his guarantee of a comeback. But I don't think they can. Embiid will give his all in G3 regardless of health.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's why whenever I read here "i should have not changed it" or "i should have changed it", for me it doesn't matter. When you press or not press that button, you make a decision. That's it. And then you move on.

      Google: youtube jordan make miss
      And then apply that to this fantasy game :)

      Delete
  7. Kevin Schott and Alex Herges who are annual regulars suddenly disappeared from GD!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't think Suns can get swept especially with G3&4 at home, but just in case, I got KD in G3 so I can still pick Booker in an elims game.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lol i switched to Valanciunas!
    And then, 9 PRA.
    Anyare!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment