The Final(s) Countdown: Show me the best you got

Ladies and Gentlemen, it's NBA Finals time, so it's the final countdown to the last battle in this year's playoffs between conference champions: Boston Celtics and Golden State Warriors. In this post, I will give you some interesting tips for the last round in Drive to the Finals - what should we look at to pick the right players at the right time?

 

 

1) Select players you will pick

Every series can last just 4 games, but it can be as long as 7 games, so be prepared and write your 4 best remaining players and 7 players you will choose from if there is Game 7. Of course it can change in some circumstances, but those will be your players to pick from. That shows who you should choose from in the remaining games ;)


2) Pay attention to the injury report

At this point of the playoffs, players aren't 100% healthy and it can get worse as we are after 82 regular season games and 3 playoff rounds...

It is especially a case now with Celtics as Marcus Smart and Robert Williams battle through injuries, so make sure they are healthy to pick them or use the opportunity to pick others, for example Derrick White with a larger role without Smart. Pay attention to the injury report and think about who can benefit the most with someone's absence (it can also be players from the opposite team!).

Moreover, look if there is a suspension (hello, Draymond) which can change a lot and make someone as Kuminga great pick one day.


3) Better at home?

Role players usually play better at home, so if you're taking fourth or fifth option from any team, it is probably better to pick this player when he is more familiar with the court they play on. Of course that doesn't always work, but it can help you get more points.


4) Bounce-back

If there is a player who has a really bad shooting night, there is a nice chance he will try to do his best next game and will play a lot better. That is called bounce-back, so if there is a guy who played below expectations, then you can pick him to prove that it was just a worse day in his job. At worse, he won't prove it and you believe that he is worse than you thought... and he will bounce-back next game :p

It can also work the other way - if a player has a long series of great games, he can have just a really bad night exactly when you pick him... but maybe the series of long games will continue ;) 


5) Blowouts are tricky

Games can be over really quickly and if you want to take a risk, you can pick players from the bench who will score more in blowouts. That is risky, but this year there were many blowouts and when they appear, starters usually have scores lower than expected, so there is a chance it is better to take the end of the bench guy when you smell blowout somehow ;)


Aside from those, you should trust your gut and have fun as we made a drive to the Finals ;) hopefully we pick players in the right order and the Finals will be exciting.


Thanks for your time to read this post :) Feel free to discuss in comments upcoming games, your remaining picks and strategy for the Finals. And whenever you read it, have a great day!

Comments

  1. good guide!
    and good luck to all. may you all climb +10 percentile during the Finals!

    if I am a betting man, Warriors in 6 (yup road win).

    but rooting for the Celtics. Lesgo Celtics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is going to be a pretty exciting NBA Finals. I was very fortunate to make a last second switch to Bam Adebayo in the Fantasy Postseason money league, as that put me in first place going into the finals. There, I have these players remaining with the 4x point multiplier: Steph Curry, Klay Thompson, Jordan Poole, Marcus Smart, Robert Williams, Derrick White, and..... oh my hopefully this doesn't go to 7 games. In Google Drive I stuck with Derrick White instead of swapping to Kyle Lowry and now have instant regret. This means I am all in on Fantasy Postseason and going for that money prize. Good luck in the finals everyone! I am going Celtics in 6.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Noice!!!!
      Good luck the rest of the way. You can do it 👍

      Delete
    2. I think you also have Porter and Payton III, they can be solid PRA contibutors too ;) Good luck in money league and in GD as you have nice chance to finish in third place :)

      My pick is Celtics in 6 (they are favorites), but I would love to see Warriors in 7.

      Delete
    3. Thanks! I will be going for that third place crown on Google Drive ;). Good luck with the fight for the top spot!

      Delete
  3. In GD I have left Curry, Green, Wiggins, Porter Jr., Horford, Smart, White and both Williamses (and fellow German Theis). Also, I am a few hundred points out of reach.
    In FP I have Curry, Thompson, Green, Looney, Smart, Williams III
    I should have enough guys to pick but do not have any goals left.

    As usual, I have no idea when to pick Steph. Or Klay. And I am famous for my good timing. I managed to pick Adebayo in this round in g2 (g3 he exploded), and in between his good/great games 5 and 7. And I was so happy with Smarts good game 7 until I found out that I had picked White instead in FP.

    My pick for the Finals? Mavericks in 2023.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, didn’t know Theis was from Germany!

      Only knew Detlef, Dirk, Kaman, Boozer, Maxi, Dennis.

      Now that I google it, there’s more now.

      Delete
    2. I think it's not good when you have too many players to pick in the Finals, you will be left with someone ;) I have Steph, Klay, Draymond, Porter/Payton, White and both Williamses, so it's seven/eight guys, which is exactly what I need. I'm hopeful I maintain my 58 points lead in GD despite the fact that 2nd player still has Horford and Smart :)

      Either way, I love your attitude with having fun despite not having great results. Good luck in the Finals to at least finish it strong ;)

      Delete
  4. As I said, it was important to pick the right winner in the East. I didn't, even I just picked Bam for a poor PRA instead of Butler. Now I only have Smart, White and G.Williams, while I still have Klay, Poole and...Porter? Payton? Kuminga? I even picked Curry on a bad day. So that was a really bad round for me. Funny that Looney was the best pick for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We got the matchup that was stolen in 2018 when the Celtics lost a 2-0 lead for the 1st time in their history! Game 1 was great and hopefully this will be a nice long series. I've got most Warriors and a couple Celtics so I'm set for the Finals......unfortunately I'm well out of contention 216 points behind in GD and 293 in FP. In fact only 2 people have the possibility of winning GD!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Show me the best you got..... 15 from KT. I felt good in Game 1 despite a 20 from Green since he did just as good as Klay and I certainly will have the right order with them.... somehow Klay finds a way to be even worse in Game 2 even in a win! In the finals it doesn't matter who wins for this contest but I still can't believe he did that bad!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Felt good when Celtics won G1.

    G2 reminded me that the Warriors still has this series.

    Celtics can’t rally every 4th quarter even if they want to.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Curry O for 9 at 3 (and the Warriors still won), only when I pick can that happen!

    ReplyDelete
  9. If I can pick Curry and he doesn't hit a single 3 then I definitely have the WORST LUCK EVER! 27 is the worst "blue" score ever as it was a lower score than that "red" 30 from Irving! I should not have failed to get a 30+ score out of the likes of Curry and Thompson yet that has happened!

    ReplyDelete
  10. G6!
    Dubs gunning for the ring.
    Me hoping Celtics win this game at home.
    And then G7!
    Good luck with your picks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratz Dubs and fans!
    2022 champs. Steph Finals MVP!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment