Jerry Ricochet's Upcoming Blogs! (2022 Edition)

Much like the last two years, I’ll be aiming for a blog entry once every few days of the playoffs & will generally alternate between the three concepts described below while Tangent & Maciej take their approaches. 

Against The Grain
I recognize clearly what the two most popular picks of the day are & make a suggestion for another player more under the radar with reasons why that player could very well over-perform & potentially put you in a good spot competitively by going contrarian to the masses.

Bold Predictions
I make extremely bold predictions (going against something that's favored/expected) about each game on the day's slate; just one prediction per matchup that I fully expect to be wrong about, but just might be right about. I encourage you all to agree or disagree with me in the comments & create an engaging discussion. I'll keep public track of my winning percentage (accuracy of my bold predictions) & it'll be fun to root for or against me throughout these challenges. Again, the whole idea is that I say something bold & specific like "Embiid will score in single digits" & I'd explain why/how that could happen on that particular night. I was (0-9 last year) after going (0-10 the previous year) so I def don't make it easy on myself, lol. I swear I got one right the year prior, but damn, it's been awhile.

Over Or Under
I'll make a statement & then acknowledge whether I'll take the over or under. For example, "Milwaukee will win by 10 points & I'm taking the over" or "Giannis will get 30/15 & I'm taking the under on both" I'd love for you all to put your own thoughts in the comments of each entry & I'll add to the bottom of each post after the games are over with to discuss the outcome of that days predictions.

Prepare yourselves for the fun all you DTTFs enthusiasts! And let's all please actively promote this blog so you build up activity for years to come!



Comments

  1. It's nice to see your classic posts are back. And your failing bold predictions lol

    Just kidding, I think this time you will get at least one right ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Classics are back cuz I had no time to think of anything else. Somehow this week quickly became one of my busiest work weeks of the year. Oh well, can't wait for the weekend although I'll be driving through the Rocky Mountains on a road trip so I won't really get to watch anything :(

      Delete
  2. Giddy!

    Now with the games. Spurs lost, as inexperience reared its ugly head.

    Dominant Hawks showing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got Garland penciled in for Friday after my terrible Towns pick. I think the Hawks will beat the Cavs. Sorry, but Trae Young is a baller. I think it'll take more than the Cavs to knock him out. 3 games went as I expected, but the Clippers game shocked me. It was one of the weirdest games I've ever seen. I doubt the Clippers will lose a second in a row, especially at home against the Pels, BUT the Pels are good enough to beat them in a single game any day of the week. That loss to the Wolves was just embarrassing IMO. Total Clippers choke-job by the chokiest team in the league.

      Delete
    2. I already picked Garland, I am going all out on the Cavs losing tonight, I am picking Mobley. I hope to have all of the players available for the next round if they lose, as my other pick was Murray

      Delete
  3. I was bold with my first two picks (Irving, Young). I don't want a third pick who advances so it'll have to be Garland.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Day 2 already game me a solo red with Bridges. I was back and forth between Bridges and Ball and naturally landed wrong. It wouldn't be me to land correctly!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment