Unusual: Forward-looking picks

Schedule of all second round series has been released and now we can closely look at it considering how many players we have from every team. It is important to think about it now as it has impact on not only 2nd round, but also Conference Finals and Finals. So let's take a look of what can happen in next two weeks and how to plan your picks for 2nd round.

 

Don't rush with West

Both of Phoenix-Denver and Utah-LAC/Mavs series have one game in which we have to pick from this series as this is the only game of the day (Phoenix-Denver G2 on Wednesday, Utah-LAC/Mavs G3 on Saturday). Keep that in mind especially if you already took some players from these teams, which is natural as we didn't expect both Suns and Nuggets to win (I'm lucky I picked just Booker and Jokic) and Mavs-LAC series is 7-games battle. 

Taking in consideration that we already picked some players from West teams (in contrast to East in which there were clear favorites), there are games in which we have to pick from those series and there aren't clear favorites of those series, I recommend to sit and wait with those series for three games (as we still have to pick one player in first three games of both series) before making tough decisions from which team we should pick, especially Jazz-LAC/Mavs as they'll play the same day as Philly-Hawks (probably the shortest series) starting from Game 4.

So lie down like Devin and wait for results of first three games of West series to come ;)


Fly with Hawks

Even if Joel Embiid doesn't play for some time, Sixers are still clear favorites to win this series. This is why I looked closely who should I pick from Atlanta... And it looks like we have a lot of choices as 3 players had average more than 25 FP per game in 1st round - Young (43,6), Capela (27,8) and Bogdanovic (26,0). Moreover there is John Collins who played 4 solid games with over 20 FP and only one awful with 2 FP, so we can consider him as solid pick. So there is possibly four good options (plus maybe Gallo is also worth considering in some cases), which is really encouraging for me to fly with Hawks.

I consider to do it even in Game 1 and go with Capela as Embiid will probably not play, so Capela shouldn't have foul trouble and we remember that Dwight was his teammate in Houston, so it can be even more motivation for him. Of course if you still have Luka/Kawhi/PG13, go ahead and take him as there is too big risk to lose him, but someone else like THJ/Porzingis/R.Jackson is firstly pick with not that much ceiling (considering we can have 4 Hawks with similar or better production) and secondly is risky because if their team win, we can't pick him later.


This Hawk is surprised with that, me too ;) Also unusual, against the grain pick can be Dwight Howard for today as without Embiid and against Capela he can really play many minutes and contribute nicely.

Bucks-Nets rivalry

Nets won Game 1, but lost Harden due to injury and we have to wait for more information. If you still think Nets win without Harden, then you should probably pick Bucks. If Brooklyn loses Game 2, then more complication appears and probably it'll be time to at least think about picking someone from Nets - of course Kyrie and KD are best options, but we can also consider Griffin and Joe Harris as nice solid options.


Full 2nd round schedule

Sunday, June 6th: Hawks@Sixers G1, Mavs@Clippers G7

Monday, June 7th: Bucks@Nets G2, Nuggets@Suns G1

Tuesday, June 8th: Hawks@Sixers G2, TBD@Utah G1

Wednesday, June 9th: Nuggets@Suns G2

Thursday, June 10th: Nets@Bucks G3, TBD@Utah G2

Friday, June 11th:  Sixers@Hawks G3, Suns@Nuggets G3 

Saturday, June 12th:  Utah@TBD G3

June 13th, 15th, 17th: Bucks-Nets, Nuggets-Suns G4-G6

June 14th, 16th, 18th: Hawks-Sixers, TBD-Utah G4-G6

June 19th: Bucks-Nets G7

June 20th: Hawks-Sixers, TBD-Utah, Nuggets-Suns G7


What do you think about 2nd round series, what are your predictions and picks? And do you also consider now flying with Hawks? Let me know in the comments and whenever you read it, have a nice day :)

Comments

  1. I still think the Nets are favourite, so I will pick another Buck for game2 and save Suns and Nuggets for their game2. I also have only picked Jokic and Booker there.

    I will stick with my Hardaway pick, as I think the Clippers will advance and anyway Hardaway is playing big minutes now and will have to step up in game7. I also don't think he would have a better matchup if they advance. And even if I also think the Sixers should win the series, I am not so sure it will be such a short series. The Hawks are also a good team, and I want to see the first game before picking there. Also not sure how will Embiid absence impact the game, not only about the result, but also if the Sixers will give Howard a lot of minutes or play small. Capela should be a good pick either way, but I prefer to wait and see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand Hardaway pick, but I also think that it'll be difficult to pick all 4 Hawks if you pick Hardaway now ;) And also if Mavs win, then it will be difficult to find other good options from their team...

      Delete
    2. Well, I just read Embiid could play and start today. And I don't think there are 4 better Hawks than Hardaway, if he plays a good game of course. I would still have KP, but anyway my bet is on the Clippers

      Delete
    3. Embiid will probably be on minutes restriction. Looking at FP scoring 3 Hawks had higher average than THJ who has 22,33 FP for 6 games, so I would say there are 4 similar or better (Young) Hawks players.

      Maybe now I should switch Capela to Bogdanovic as I had feeling about his good game? We'll see ;)

      Delete
    4. And Hardaway to the locker room...plus I forgot to make the pick on FP...lol

      Delete
    5. Atlanta was hot today, but almost blew it... I still think Sixers should win in 5 or 6.And THJ was back, but is the worst Mavs starter fantasy-wise, I was kind of worried about it

      Delete
    6. Yeah, I thought about other Mavs rather than THJ as I was worried of this shooting which is his only real way to contribute, but I wasn't brave enough to stick with one of my favourite guys, Finney-Smith... Boban looked too funny to be picked, but we should have done it ;) at least Capela was better than THJ and I don't see him having many better games against Embiid

      Delete
  2. Clippers 👏

    Dallas mavericks mode, off.

    Brooklyn Nets mode, on.

    Let’s go Nets!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, this was nice series ;)

      James Harden injury mode, on :/

      But hopefully we can turn off that mode at some point in the playoffs ;)

      Delete
  3. i took porzingus was a less than steller pick but not too bad.Got Gianis tomorow .Tuesday tuff But Im taking Embid in case he gets hurt and they down a game but tuff pick

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. KP was risky pick as I wrote in the other comment, but result is nice, better than expected (and THJ) ;) with Embiid yes, he can get hurt, but I'll wait for him being in elimination game or ECF as I still think Sixers win series in 5 or 6.

      Delete
    2. Id have liked 30 or more but with the players I picked it was the right call.

      Delete

Post a Comment