(Not)Guaranteed: Fight for the win!

Welcome to another edition of Guarantees in which I (do not) guarantee playoffs things that can happen in next 3 days. So far 33/81 Guarantees were correct and 2/7 from last episode, so it's not getting better ;/ Let's see what next games bring and what can be guaranteed for this weekend.

Guarantee #83: Fight for the win! I guarantee Game 4 of Clippers-Suns series is going to be decided in last 2 minutes and there will be a difference less than 8 points between winner and loser. [Correct]

Guarantee #84: Bounce-back! I guarantee Suns' duo (CP3, D-Book) will shoot over 45% from the field after going 10/40 (25%) in Game 3. [Not correct, they shot 14/44 (32%) this time]

Guarantee #85: Raining from outside! I guarantee we will see at least 28 3-pointers made in Game 3 of Hawks-Bucks series. [Not correct, there were 26 3's]

Guarantee #86: Big Khris! I guarantee Middleton is going to score at least 25 points in Game 3. [Correct, Khris was on fire with 38 points]

Guarantee #87: Look at me! I guarantee Luke Kennard will score at least 10 points in Game 5. [Not correct, he had 0]

Guarantee #88: Sixth man! I guarantee Suns' Cameron Johnson will score at least 11 points in Game 5. [Correct, he scored 14]

 


Feel free to discuss in comments my guarantees, games, series, players performances and fantasy implications. And whenever you read it, have a nice day!

Comments

  1. Why has nobody mentioned the strange every-two-days-rhythm for both series. If the Suns win their series in 5 (sweep is not possible anymore) and the East plays it out for 6 or 7 games, Phoenix would have another looong break before the Finals. I always thought that in a case like that the series that started earlier would get a break anywhere so the two series would be at least up to the same number of games every so often.

    On the other hand, good for Chris Paul. Longer break for him. Now if only the Suns would beat the Clippers in two of the next four games. Ideally in five games total. I think in the East, where nobody has any decent picks left, they will go at least 6.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, good observation ;) I think it's unfair... but NBA makes schedules every year differently and I don't know they have strict rules for this... either way, I remember that before it was taken in consideration and it should have been something like Suns-Clippers Game 3 4 days after Game 2 (not 2 days) and still it would before Hawks-Bucks Game 3, but just one day, not 3 days. But NBA has weird rules often if you think more about it and know more about league...

      I'm very happy with Suns' win as I only took Booker in 1st round and Payne in Game 2, so there is plenty of options and from East I'll be happy if one decent player stays for the Finals, but it'll be hard xd

      Delete
    2. You can wait with Bogdanovic to see how he looks, recently he played worse, so it's not bad idea to wait ;) I'm going with Portis today, but it's difficult to tell who will play good game from remaining players ;)

      Delete
    3. Not bad Zubac yesterday. And Suns win, as I picked the same as you, only Booker and Payne. I hope Gallo gives me a good birthday present tonight :)

      Delete
    4. Happy birthday, have a nice day and next whole year with a lot of joy of life and of course basketball ;)

      Delete
    5. Happy birthday! Hope Gallo is good for your day, because I also have him haha

      Delete
    6. Thank you Jason! It would be too much to ask him to score 41, I would be happy with half my age xD

      Delete
    7. Happy birthday Maccabi!!!! 🍻

      Delete
  2. What happened to the commanding lead for Taj? He went from 1st to 23rd

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of their picks were listed at 24,999 points instead of 24 points so that got fixed :P

      Delete
    2. I saw that 24,999 for a quick sec. I'm amazed at how well you do the points year after year. Thanks for keeping the game going. Keeps me tuned in to the games. Not sure If I'd still be watching especially this year. Even with the Bucks/Nets mishap. Fun to play. Where are those Nets? Didn't hear enough complaints in the national sporting news that they were out. LOL Was fun having NYK back this year. Maybe we'll get the Bulls + Knicks next year!

      Delete
  3. im switching to Reddish....Im down to barely anyone and think Bodja hurt

    ReplyDelete
  4. Portis the guy im going to blame if/when i lose he got 0 but if he plays hes a good pick for 20 points

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So I hope you don't pick Portis today as I'm taking him and expect over 10 PRA ;) Reddish is dangerous pick for me as he had one nice game which was blowout. For me it's way too risky and I want to see another good game (and more playing time) from him, but maybe you have good intuition and it's worth risk ;)

      Delete
  5. I was going to take Zubac and then he ends up being hurt so I switched to Batum at the last minute and he doesn't even shoot the ball!

    ReplyDelete
  6. At least you didn't get stuck with Zubac like me. Turned on the game and they said Marcus Morris is doing great tonight because Zubac is out. Dang!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment