Freaks and Greeks

Hey everybody!


We are just past Game 2 for most of the series, with only LA Clippers and Utah left to play Game 2 tonight. So far we have two series at 2-0, and one series tied 1-1. Let's look at the slate of games in the next few days to figure out what to do.


Thursday: Brooklyn @ Milwaukee (Game 3), LA Clippers @ Utah (Game 2)

Brooklyn leads Milwaukee 2-0, and if the title of today's blog is any indication the focus will be on the Milwaukee Bucks. It is safe to assume that a large percentage of the player base will be picking the Greek Freak tonight. If you are looking for a different play, picking from Middleton, Holiday, or Lopez and saving Giannis for the next game is an option, particularly if you have a gut feeling about getting more from him later or are far behind and need to do something different to try and catch up. It is not recommended to pick from LA Clippers vs Utah, as you will see you will be forced to pick from that series on Saturday.


Friday: Philadelphia @ Atlanta (Game 3), Phoenix @ Denver (Game 3)

Phoenix is sitting comfortably at 2-0 and look to be in the driver's seat in the series. You can expect a lot of people will be picking a Nugget on Friday. Both Jokic and Porter have been picked by many already, but if you still have one left then that will be the pick. If you are down both of them, there are a few other options like Aaron Gordon that are worth considering. Similar to Thursday, I don't see much reason to pick an Atlanta Hawk or Philadelphia 76er player and can wait for further information


Saturday: Utah @ LA Clippers (Game 3)

This is the only game for the day, so you can use Game 2 to help you decide on a plan of action for Game 3. If Utah wins Game 2, this is an easy call and you can pick a Clipper. If LA wins Game 2, then the real decisions will begin where we might see a split in the picks.


Sunday: Brooklyn @ Milwaukee (Game 4), Phoenix @ Denver (Game 4)

A plan for this day is still to be determined, but Milwaukee has at least four strong picks in Giannis, Middleton, Holiday, and Lopez so you will want to be prepared to pick from them if Milwaukee is facing a sweep. Denver could be in a similar spot and if you have any good options left from them, you might need to pick them on Sunday. 




Comments

  1. Re: Saturday picks. That´s not an easy one. I doubt I am the only one to have picked Kawhi and PG13 in that laughingstock of a first round series with 6 road wins in the first 6 games (why did they have to win g7 at home? sigh). I am starting to fancy Mann (he had at least one decent game in the first round, I don´t remember the details right now). Ah well, that is a decision I am going to face tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yeah, I meant an easy call in terms of picking a Clipper. If you've picked Kawhi and George already, deciding which Clipper scrub to pick is not an easy call at all!

      Delete
    2. I agree about today's pick, I am waiting for the other series to develope, but I trust a little bit more Morris than Gordon. Tomorrow is Reggie Jackson for me

      Delete
  2. I trust Sixers, so I'm flying with Hawks again, this time with John Collins. I like better Hawks players than Denver and I'll pick Denver player on Sunday because I already used top 3 Bucks players ;) tommorow I'm going with Marcus Morris as he had bad games on the road (but still had decent results) hoping for his good shooting at home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sigh. This is what I really hate. Pretty much everybody picks Giannis for g3. Except those who try something different, save him for a later game (there will be at least g4 to pick him) and go with someone else. And what happens? Middleton outscores Giannis! Argh. 49 for me, 51 for the brave ones who still have Antetokounmpo left for another game.
    To add insult to injury, in FP I picked differently. I chose... Holiday. I don´t care that he hit the deciding shot in the end, it was his worst game of the postseason. It would have been so easy to pick Middleton but I screwed that up.

    That frustrated me a little. So, if only not to have to think too much, I will now pick M.Morris back to back. Because I can and it looks good. When can I do that with B.Bogdanovic?

    ReplyDelete
  4. im about 65 points down in my money league.Holiday didnt do well actually all Bucks did poorly for me I got Young tonight hoping the number 1 sixers win the series

    ReplyDelete
  5. can live without taking anymore Nuggets besides Porter and Joker who i took

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment