A Drive to the Finals Disaster?

 Hey everyone,


Anyone else trying to comprehend what happened last night, or is it just me? I definitely did not see that one coming. Philadelphia, the top seed in the East, up big in the 4th quarter cruising to victory? Not so fast, as the Atlanta Hawks staged a massive comeback and now lead the series 3-2. The LA Clippers, without Kawhi Leonard and on the road, take a surprising 3-2 series lead. Both underdogs now have a chance to close the series on Friday. This unpredictability is absolutely thrilling for basketball, but probably not what people have been playing for in Drive to the Finals. I have personally picked 3 Atlanta Hawks and 2 LA Clippers, and have picked 0 Utah Jazz and 0 Philadelphia 76ers. Adding to that, I have also picked 4 Milwaukee Bucks and 1 Brooklyn Net, and Milwaukee could also easily win their series. Suffice to say, this is not going according to plan.


The good news? Drive to the Finals is a game built on relying on the expected happening. In that sense, seemingly everybody has been picking Hawks, Bucks, and Clippers as fast as they could, because those teams all felt more likely to lose. At a minimum, we are all in this mess together! Best of luck everybody deciding between Donovan Mitchell and Joel Embiid. I think I am leaning Embiid, but really could go either way. Both players are injured but Embiid has been putting up the better numbers as of late. If you are not in this situation because you picked one already, you now have a potentially massive advantage heading into Round 3.




Comments

  1. As I wrote in an earlier post, I am sticking to my guns and pick Brook Lopez and John Collins. It's been this kind of Playoffs, and I wouldn't be surprised if they both Sixers and Jazz win game6. And I just want to have some fun going against the grain, as I am far back in the standings :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah if you are far back in the standings, risk it. I am playing in Fantasy Postseason with a Round multiplier, and I am considering risking it as well. At least with Embiid, as Embiid at 3x or 4x points is worth waiting for.

      Delete
    2. The Sixers might have a double digit lead at some point but won't have a lead at all when the game is finished. Jazz might win though as Leonard is still out. The 76ers are the "New old Clippers" and the Clippers maybe "new" if they can pull this off especially without Leonard.

      Delete
  2. I've taken only Seth Curry and Rudy Gobert on GD and Bojan Bogdanovic and Joel Embiid on FP. I'm yet to take Donovan Mitchell, Tobias Harris and Ben Simmons on either game and worst of all both game 6s are on the same day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have already played Embiid just after the injury was announced working to the theory that it wasn't going to get better in the short term and it was best to bag the points early rather then be thinking I'm I leaving it too late. He scored 63 points that night and I got the easy choice of Mitchell in the Game 6s.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG Philly actually wins a 2nd half but Embiid only got 36 PAR tonight, but what's even worse on FP is that I was going to take Mitchell then I heard he was questionable game time decision so I switch to Gobert to make sure my pick plays and Mitchell not only plays but gets 33 in the 1st half alone! Gobert? Only 12 What are the chances of Mitchell beating Gobert by as much as tonight next time? At least there will be a next time as the Jazz are up by 22

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What? There won't be a next time! Despite Mitchell and Conley both playing and Leonard being out the Jazz have become the next team to collapse! This is what I get for my stupidity in FP because of this "game time decision" nonsense.

      Delete

Post a Comment