Unusual: Playoffs 2021 in special form, Part 1

As you know from name of this series, you can expect somethin unusual from me ;) so here it comes - part 1 of special poem about NBA Playoffs 2021. Probably there are some grammar mistakes, so sorry about this, but I hope you will still enjoy it ;)


NBA Playoffs 2021,

Every team fights to be the one,

One champion, winner of all,

This is for them the only goal.

 

It all started with play-in,

8 teams just wanted to win,

Enter postseason with hope

To start championship road.

 

Warriors were great, close to win,

But there came clutch King,

Lakers won and kept alive their dream

Of repeating as 7th seed team.

 

Then Grizzlies won tough games,

Spurs went home after long race

Warriors were also close to win,

Just ask Draymond Green.

 

But it wasn’t enough for Golden State,

It was Ja Morant with clutch floater,

Game over in overtime,

Memphis – it’s playoffs time.

 

Celtics manage to win too,

Thanks to Jayson Tatum,

He scored 50, was magnificent,

Celtics in playoffs, seeded 7th.

 

Wizards won another game,

It was tough against Pacers.

They made playoffs as the 8th spot,

But it costed them a lot effort.

 

First two games of playoffs are behind us,

4 series are tied, in 4 one team is on the rise.

 

Mavs surprised Clippers

Not only with impressive defense.

They just came ready

And Luka showed his magic.

 

Another three West series are tied,

Memphis-Utah, Lakers-Suns,

Also Denver and Portland,

So emotions just start…

 

In East we have Hawks and Knicks

Tied after two games in MSG.

Philly, Milwaukee and Brooklyn all won,

Do you want this poem to grow?

 

Let me know in comments and I will try,

Let’s go NBA, make easier my part,

Have unusual games, not blowouts,

We’ll see if there is another surprise…



I hope you had some fun reading it, let me know in comments what do you think about it and whenever you read it, have a great day!

Comments

  1. Nice one Maciej!

    I tried to rap it, but failed miserably. Wife blurts, “what’s wrong with you?”

    Butler needs to have a good game for once.

    Suns need to steal G3 or they’re toast.

    Nuggets without Murray survives, but does not look pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I should have warned you - rap this only if you're alone at home xd but still nice try (I hope wife isn't mad at you) ;)

      Austin Rivers turned out to be a guy who can help stealing one game in the playoffs... but he still was waived and there was a little interest... nice story

      Delete
  2. love the blog but u havent been giving a player or score But its free and appreciate..My pick is Paul George.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PG13 for me too. I don't think they will get swept, but it's like an elimination game, so they need 2 big performances from their 2 stars.

      Delete
    2. I'm also taking PG13 as I'm hoping for his bounce back from distance ;) and Kemba is questionable, so I can't trust him...

      About Daren comment - well, I'm trying different unusual types of articles depending on inspiration and some may like it more than others ;) I'll try to add something more about fantasy implications considering this kind of thing, which could make it even more interesting. We will see what that turns out to be ;)

      Delete
    3. actually it was ok//just for fun whats ur score and who are your picks

      Delete
    4. nah it was ok but love the daily blogs.what happened to the car contest

      Delete
    5. DttF contest was last seen in 2015, so from then it's just FP and this Google Drive league... if you're in Google Drive you can see my pick as my name is Maciej ;) I'm 7th there for now (96th in FP) and I took Tatum one game too early, then Randle/Westbrook (in FP), Butler and today PG13.

      Delete

Post a Comment