(Not)Guaranteed: Fight until it's over!

Welcome to the third edition of Guarantees in which I (do not) guarantee playoffs things that can happen in next 3 days. After those 3 days we will have 4 games played in every series, so it's possible that someone gets eliminated (Miami and Washington are the only candidates to be swept in 1st round) and has the last chance to have impact on my Guarantees ;) Hopefully more of Guarantees will become correct as for now I have just 8/17, which is under 50%, so I hope it would only get better.

Saturday Guarantees

Guarantee #21: Fight until it's over! I guarantee Heat will fight in this game and they will not lose by more than 8 points.  [Not correct, they lost by 17]

By the way this can be Haslem's last game of career, maybe he will somehow play or at least fight like he did against Howard in regular season.

Guarantee #22: On fire! I guarantee at least two players will score 40+ points on Saturday and at least three players will make 5+ 3-pointers. [Not correct, there was no 40-point game, it was triple-double day instead as 3 players had it]

Guarantee #23: First seed not by fortune! I guarantee Sixers and Jazz will both win their first playoff match on the road by at least 5 points. [Correct]

Guarantee #24: Bench spark! I guarantee at least three bench players will score 15+ points on Saturday. [Correct, it was even 5 players: Forbes (22), Nunn (18), Gafford (16), Clarkson (15), Allen (17)]

Sunday Guarantees

Guarantee #25: Lose in front of your fans! I guarantee at least 3 teams will win on the road on Sunday. (I know it's kind of bold, but I hope that Phoenix can win) [Correct, 3 teams won on the road]

Guarantee #26: D-Book is going to cook! I guarantee Devin Booker is going to score 33+ points & 3+ 3-pointers. [Not correct, he had 17]

Guarantee #27: Don't be denied! Durant was blocked in all three games of the series, but I guarantee Celtics will not block his shot in Game 4. [Not correct, he was blocked once]

Guarantee #28: Take care of the ball! I guarantee at least two teams will have 15+ turnovers on Sunday. [Not correct, only Lakers had 15 TOs]

Monday Guarantees

Guarantee #29: Big Joel! I guarantee Embiid will have at least 25 points and 10 rebounds (he had 6 and 7 in first two games) in Sixers' win. [Not correct, he played just 11 minutes...]

Guarantee #30: Attacking from outside! I guarantee Jazz will make at least 14 3-pointers in Game 4 against Grizzlies. [Correct, Jazz made 17 3's]


 

Feel free to discuss in comments not only my guarantees, but also games, players performances and fantasy implications. And whenever you read it, have a nice day!

Comments

  1. #21 I am not very optimistic with the way Miami has played in the last two games. And I think the Bucks want to complete the revenge. I wouldn't mind if the game was close though, as I have Adebayo picked.

    #22 I can see this happening. On a day when Lillard, Jokic and Beal are playing, I bet at least two of these will score 40+. And we have some candidates to score 5+ 3-pointers, Lillard and Beal apart.

    #23 Very probable, I think the Sixers for sure. And probably the Jazz too.

    #24 Maybe Melo, Clarkson and Ish Smith? That's my bet.

    #25 I'd love this to come true, but I don't think so. I don't feel very optimistic about Knicks and Suns on Sunday. I can see the Nets winning, and the other one could go either way.

    #26 In fact he is my pick for Sunday, so I think/wish he will have a great game. But with CP3 not at 100% I don't see them winning.

    #27 I don't think it's important, but just to have some fun I am going to say he is blocked more than once...lol

    #28 Definitely yes, this is the Playoffs!

    #29 Maybe not, I can see a blow-out here, and Joel playing limited minutes.

    #30 Very close, but I think they will. I would add Bojan making 5+ of them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, last time you agreed on 7/8 and my result was 3/8 ;/ but I really appreciate your comment and predictions (also counterGuarantee with KD being blocked twice) ;) and we probably have next two same picks as I also plan to pick Bam (maybe his last game in playoffs) and D-Book (Suns probably lose series, so it's time after his not good game in G3, but maybe it'll end up like with Tatum and we pick him one game too early) :)

      Delete
    2. Maybe, but I don't want to take the risk of having to choose between Booker and Lillard, depending on the next games

      Delete
    3. Agree, it's better to keep it safe in 1st round and use must-pick guys ;) although I expect Portland to win Game 4, it's risk to have both Booker and Lillard in elimination games.

      Delete
    4. i agree with the must pick guys i dont want it to be 3-3 in 2 series andrisk losing a top players pick

      Delete
    5. thought about Bam but think Heat can be blown out and he hasnt got more than 29

      Delete
    6. The Booker and Lillard game 5 dilemma is routine for round 1. If it happens, take the better player Lillard in hopes the home team Suns force game 6.

      Delete
    7. Here's the thing, Ken, I think the Blazers will win the series against the Nuggets & that the Suns have no chance of beating the Lakers with a less than 100% CP3. So I'd advise to save Lillard Game 7 if there is one as the Blazers def will not be beaten in 6. Plus he'd be clutch to have in the 2nd round multiplier if possible

      Delete
  2. It turned out Heat fought just in 1st half... Forbes and Nunn scored nicely off the bench, which helps in my other prediction than Heat's fight. I'm very happy with picking Bam as he had nice 38 PRA ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bam was a good pick..Hoping Lillard gets 45 total and they lose

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whatever they were drinking last year in the bubble, the Heat should get a lot of that for the next season. Or maybe because they had Crowder? He’s not laughing yet. Let’s see if his Suns can even the series..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was between Ayton and Randle for todays games, and decided to go with Randle. I expect a bounce back performance after going 13/54 from the field in first 3 games. Plus, if both Mavs and Hawks go up 3-1 tonight, I will be forced to pick Kawhi on wednesday, which could mean I might lose Randle. I can pick Ayton (or CP3 if I see a sign of life today) on tuesday too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i got booker but considered Ayton who ill take next game if they lose today

      Delete
  6. Every game today carries a dilemma
    Do the Knicks save their season or do the Hawks take a commanding 3-1 lead?
    The Suns and Lakers are in the same position although in 2006 the Lakers went up 3-1 and lost, missing out on the first ever all LA series. Both LA teams didn't make the playoffs again the same year until 2020. In that year the Clippers were the team to blow a 3-1 lead to miss an all LA series granted it wouldn't have been played in LA.
    The Celtics surprised people the other night but the Nets need to make sure the Celtics had all their fun that night no nonsense occurs especially with the Bucks already waiting.
    As for Clippers/Mavs does the road team make it 4-0 or did those who popped out a Clip the other night like myself make the right move?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kemba maybe out which would mean that Smart would be a great pick but the Suns/Lakers game just started.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment