AGAINST THE GRAIN: Don't Frown On Brown

These two series are tied 1-1, which makes picking very difficult. Many folks will be inclined to pick a big name on the team they believe will lose either series. The Bucks seemed to take the series momentum back in their last win & Irving is due for a bounce-back so he's likely a decent pick. Also, Horford has been great in the series so far. Also, Denver still has the edge in the eyes of most in that Portland series. Lillard is also due for a bounce-back & will see a fair amount of picks. You may get big points, but it's also a big risk because we have no idea how either of these series will truly pan out. So it's time to use our collective brain & go against the grain!

My advice, although it's certainly a contrarian pick based upon strategy & will sacrifice some points compared to the other picks above, would be to roll w/ Jaylen Brown. Of the 4 teams playing tomorrow, the Celtics have the most guys that can safely produce statistically & the big key here is that they'll have Marcus Smart returning in a week or two who will likely displace Brown as a starter or at the very least will take away meaningful minutes from him. He's been solid in this series with 23 & 25 respectively. May as well take advantage of his currently starting job & pick him now! 

As always, I'll edit this post tomorrow night with the RESULTS of how this AGAINST THE GRAIN pick worked out! 


Comments

  1. Makes sense to me. Great research. I like to leverage my risk and might go to another option on Fantasy Postseason. It is now such a challenge to pick guys when the remaining series could go either away - with the exception of the Warriors I think. But you also don't want to get caught up in "analysis-paralysis". That has doomed me in Fantasy Football many times so I'm trying to learn from that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 03: Horford
    04: Paul
    05: McCollum
    06: Capela
    07: Kanter

    Crossfingers

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree to go against the grain today, and minimize risks. I want to have as many good options as possible for the Conference Finals, even more now that the Sixers are ahead. So I also have Jaylen Brown while he is starting. Series are very interesting, and it makes our picks much more complicated than other years. But I prefer it this way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this idea, mainly because of the Marcus Smart factor. I'm going Jaylen Brown. Against the Grain has become the popular pick. Does that mean you need a new contrarian play Jerry? :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol..against the against the grain? Gordon Hayward? Rodney Hood?

      Delete
    2. LOL was it like that before my article? Or am I now starting to influence people? :)

      Delete
    3. Scratch that, Kyrie Irving called himself a genius. I'm gonna roll with that in Google Drive, for better or for worse. Genius! I'll stick with Brown in the league with the multiplier though.

      Delete
    4. Went with Milsap with Murray less than 100% and Jokic the focus of blazers D.

      Delete
    5. Millsap didn’t even have double digit points or rebounds after regulation, but luckily he benefited from the crazy length of the game & ended up with a big night in a loss. Exactly what you wanted out of him.

      Delete
  5. I checked & there’s only 2 other people who picked Brown on the spreadsheet. LOL, so he did not become the popular pick

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not a bad result. But I thought about picking Brown in game1 and went with Tatum instead. I wish I picked them in reverse order

      Delete

Post a Comment