Monday's Pick: Avoiding the Sweep

Today's pick should have been a no brainer. I've had this pick planned out for a while. There are only two games scheduled on this day, Milwaukee@Detroit and Houston@Utah. I've had Donovan Mitchell penciled in here for a while. Except......... Blake Griffin is suddenly back and playing. And he had a monster game on Saturday. With both series at 3-0, there is a very good chance I lose one of these two players. And a number of you might be in a similar position as me.

Looking ahead, we have three possible games on Wednesday, but only one of them are for sure, and that's LA Clippers vs Golden State. I've already picked three Clippers. I was really banking on at least one of the other three series going five games. But here we are, with Indiana already gone and both Utah and Detroit unable to win so far. I expected this from Detroit. I expected better from Utah.

Tonight, I'm going with Blake Griffin. The reason for that is because I feel Detroit is the most likely team to be swept, and that Utah has a better chance to avoid the sweep. I hope I'm correct, because I'd love to pick Mitchell before it's too late, and also because I really don't want to pick a fourth Clipper!


Comments

  1. Sound logic Tangent. Still....it is a big risk. Griff could easily come down with a rebound....try to cut....and his knee buckles. Could happen in the first 5 minutes....4th quarter...or not at all.

    Still a risk worth taking I think. Need to monitor reports throughout the day to try and grab some nuggets on his health.

    Good luck to everyone selecting him tonight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also agree & am closely tracking Blake's condition. Luckily (or not cuz he sucked), I've already picked Mitchell & if Utah avoids the sweep I've got Gobert. If they get swept, I've got Harrell still to pick from the Clips.

      Delete
    2. Yep, it's a risk. I'm not adverse to risk. I'll be monitoring the injury report. If I feel uneasy, I'll switch to Mitchell.

      Delete
    3. It looks like we are all refreshing the player's news page for Griffin xD I totally agree with everything written here. I also think Utah is more likely to win tonight than Detroit, even if Griffin plays, and also Griffin is a better bet than Gobert for PRA. So it will be Griffin for me if the news aren't too concerning. If not I would pick Gobert as I had planned.

      Delete
    4. Not bad for an injured player. 15 more than Vucevic gave me yesterday

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Westbrook better go big for me tomorrow!

      Delete
    2. Gobert 4 FGA. And yet they won. I have a feeling this was designed. (Haven’t watched it yet though)

      Delete

Post a Comment