Friday's Pick - Decision Time

Hey everyone! Games are about to start but better late than never to discuss our picks

Tonight, we have triple Game 3s. Toronto vs Orlando is a 1-1 series but Toronto is heavily favoured so it could be a good time to pick a Magic player, of which you could pick Vucevic or Gordon.

Indiana trails Boston 2-0, so that's an easy one. Indiana simply lacks an elite option, so you wouldn't be blamed for skipping them today and waiting for another day.

Oklahoma City trails 2-0 to Portland. That being said, this series feels like Oklahoma City could come back and win very easily, and could also see Portland winning. These teams are close. Tonight, I'm picking Russell Westbrook in hopes that goes crazy with PRA. If OKC comes back, oh well. Gotta pick the big player now before the log jam starts to happen. From Game 5 onwards, OKC and Portland have their games on the same day as Denver and San Antonio. That's a lot of good players in a short period of time.

Comments

  1. Although I do agree with the logic for picking a Thunder player & Westbrook specifically, I’m simply too confident in the Thunder to extend the series & possibly win. I want Westbrook for later multiplier rounds (fantasy postseason) if at all possible especially if you take his triple double bonuses also into consideration. I think Bogdonavic is safe for minutes on the Pacers & his average potential PRA is good enough for me. I’m not worried about the DEN series log jam cuz I’ve got Jokic next & he’s the only must pick on that team in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I barely play this game thinking about the Round multipliers. Probably should do that in Fantasy Postseason. Starting with Paul George in that case. Taking a diverging route in each of the games.

      Delete
    2. To make it more complicated, it's only Ken's league that has the multipliers. If you're in a general fantasy postseason league like the main one "NBA Playoffs Contest" it doesn't have round multipliers. So technically I'm playing in the 3 different formats including the standard PRA spreadsheet. I don't want to get confused picking differently across them so I'm simply applying the strategy w/ multipliers in mind to my entire approach this year. We'll see how it all shakes out!

      Delete
  2. 20: D Russell
    21: Harrell
    22: Gobert
    23: Jokic

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment