BOLD PREDICTIONS: Less Banter, More Kanter

Currently I'm 1-8, fresh off a win in my last Bold Predictions so let's keep the streak alive!

Again, only 1 game on the slate & I'm expecting it to be a great one! Wishful thinking here because I've picked him for this game, but I predict Enes Kanter will have a 15/15 game. He had 26p/7r in Game 1 & I expect a few less points & several more rebounds. He's playing with an injured shoulder, but they desperately need his scoring to take some pressure off of the backcourt & he's just a rebounding machine by nature. 




The Blazers will score at least 110 points & lose by single digits again! Yes, I'm counting on lightning striking twice after they previously fell 121-113 in Game 1. I don't expect the Blazers to win until Game 3 in this series & ultimately I expect them to lose the series; thus I'm still really regretting my Jokic pick in the first round. Some might argue that it's okay because he got me high points, but once we're into a Round 3 multiplier in that format, it's a big loss. 



Nikola Jokic & Jamal Murray will each register double doubles in this game! They got close in Game 1 with 37p/9r for The Joker & 23p/8a for The Blue Arrow. I'm betting they get there in a stat stuffer of a game. As long as I get a decent size double-double out of Kanter on the other side of this, then I'm a happy man. If not, then I'm heading to In-N-Out Burger to get my own double-double so either way I win. Good luck to both teams & keep it bold baby!



As always, be sure to come back to this post after tomorrow's games to see the RESULTS summary that I'll add here to the bottom.

----------------------------------



RESULTS:
Very close, but Kanter & the entire Blazers team just could not rebound the ball in the 4th qtr so he came up 1 rebound short of a double-double with 15p/9r  (Wrong)

The Blazers did not score 110 & they also did not lose. The Nuggets couldn't make any shots from deep & it did them in despite their killer rebounding. (Wrong)

If only I would have said Jokic & Millsap instead of Jokic & Murray. Doh! Murray was just 3r short of a double-double & Jokic got his with 16p/14r. (Wrong)

Current Bold Predictions Record: (1-11)


Comments

  1. I predict McCollum going bonkers in this game.

    And my pick is...
    01: Lillard
    02: Embiid
    03: McCollum
    04: Paul
    05: Harris

    :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've also got McCollum going bonkers here. He gets my pick.

      Delete
  2. I am picking Kanter if he is healthy enough. Just in case it gets worse

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kanter with nearly as many PRA in the first half as Lillard & McCollum COMBINED :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And no fouls or turnovers. Knock on wood this keeps up.

      Delete
    2. Of course I curse him & he gets hit in the face & substituted out to start the 2nd half...LOL

      Delete
  4. I definitely cursed him at halftime, but still happy enough with Kanter although 1 rebound short of the double-double bonus stings a bit. The 2 steals & 2 blocks were nice though. Results now posted in my write-up!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment