BOLD PREDICTIONS: Big Numbers from the Bigs

Sorry for the delay in my post! I'm going to ignore the early game since it already started. My first "Bold Predictions" column started me off at 0-3. Again, I don't expect to be right, but when I'm wrong, I hope to be wrong in the right way most of the time. So here below, we're keeping it BOLD once gain!

DEN is now down 2-1 & has had their strong home-court advantage taken from them. I had picked them to lose the series before it began so I'm very confident & comfortable with picking Jokic today. My BOLD prediction is that Jokic will have a triple-double while scoring at least 25pts this afternoon. He's yet to get 25 points in any of the games so far & only had 10 points in the one triple double he did get in Game 1. It's bold & wishful thinking. Come on Joker!



Khris Middleton gets 40 or more points! 14 the first game. 24 the second. Time for 40? Who knows, but the Pistons aren't stopping anybody. I'm "hoping" they'll be more competitive at home & keep the game closer than the first two. This could possibly lead to more minutes & more points for Middleton. You can tell by my wording that it's hard to confident in anything positive for the Pistons so at least I've gone bold with a Buck. But honestly this series is boring & I just don't give a f**k. Couldn't resist the rhyme... do it every time...


Many of you will be all Jazzed up about my next bold prediction, because Gobert is likely a hot pick today. The big man was held down last game to just 11 pts & 12 rebounds. He also had 12 rebounds in Game 1. I predict he'll have a 20/20 game tonight, because the Rockets just won't be making all those shots they made at home. Unfortunately, since I can only pick one, I've got Jokic, but I've foreseen big days from both bigs!


As always, be sure to come back to this post after tomorrow's games to see the RESULTS summary that I'll add here to the bottom.

----------------------------------

RESULTS:
Boy was I close here. The Joker ended up 2 assists shy of the 25 pt triple-double I predicted. Although I'm happy with this performance, DEN now has the edge to win this series, which isn't a great thing. Oh so bold & oh so close, but... (Wrong)

Well, Blake Griffin played, which changed the whole dynamic of this game. Firstly, we all should have picked him & those that did came up clutch as it may be the only game he plays & he had great numbers going 27/7/6 in the loss. Middleton actually led the Bucks in scoring w/ 20, but it was only half of what I so boldly predicted. Oh well. (Wrong)

And keeping with the tradition of exactly how I started with this column last year, I'm now proudly 0-6, haha. Although, Gobert came up huge with 7 blocks, he only got 10 points & 8 boards to go along with it. I knew the Jazz would lose this series, but it may actually end up a sweep. Harden misses his first 15 shots!?!?! And HOU still wins? Warriors are gonna be in for a treat. (Wrong)

Current Bold Predictions Record: (0-6)

Comments

  1. Oh, you saved the triple double prediction for your pick. What a bad mate :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, it's not like I knew that in advance. I gotta go bold & he now hasn't had a trip-dub since Game 1 & he's a #2 seed down 2-1.

      Delete
    2. At least save the 20/20 from Gobert for monday, that we both will probably pick him xD

      Delete
    3. Who knows what Monday will bring?!

      Delete
  2. Happy about the 76ers and Nuggets winning with my D-Lo pick. Saving Jokic and Westbrook as long as I can for multiplier. I think OKC ties series tomorrow. If you can save Westbrook or Lillard for next round, big advantage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy I picked Blake he did better than expected

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Denver! Glad I haven’t picked from this series yet.

    My Jokic for the 23rd is now PG.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I'm not stoked that DEN won, but I am happy Jokic did well for me.

      Delete
  5. Even if I risk losing some Thunder picks, I still think the series will go to 6 or 7 games. So my pick goes to Vucevic, hoping I didn't miss his only good game of the series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He’ll be a good pick, but I’m hoping for a big Aaron Gordon game :)

      Delete
    2. Obviously he will have a big one, same as Vucevic when I didn't pick them. Thank you Magic players...

      Delete
    3. I got much luckier with Gordon than I did Vuc. Raptors are looking like championship contenders; love the way they play.

      Delete

Post a Comment