AGAINST THE GRAIN: Gettin High On D-Lo

Almost everyone will be & should be rocking one of 3 pickable Clippers tomorrow (Gallinari, Williams or Harrell), but I'm here to remind you that no Clippers PRA is a safe choice in a game where the Warriors will be out for blood. If you're willing to go against the grain & separate yourself from the pack, picking D'Angelo Russell is indeed the move.

Nobody really believes that the Nets are going to beat the Sixers. D'Angelo was bottled up last game with only 16 points & 20 PRA. He was the KING of bounce-back performances during the regular season & even though I had Harrell lined up & ready to roll, I'm now changing to Russell because my pick performances have been complete & utter garbage so far. I actually stand 100% behind my pick choices; they've just been met with particularly unlucky fluke performances by the players on those exact days.

I typically stick to the safest structured pick plan historically in DTTF, but when the players seem to be working against me, that's when I go contrarian. I'm looking at you Donovan Mitchell. You, Vucevic & Drummond are gonna have a lot of fun fishing this Summer! Hopefully in infested waters...

As always, I'll edit this post tomorrow night with the RESULTS of how this first AGAINST THE GRAIN pick worked out! Strangely, I rarely picked the person that I wrote about in this column last year, but for this one I'm going all in! I'm a HUGE D-LO fan & am really hoping to keep it that way. Let's see a big individual performance in a loss please :)


-------------------------------------

RESULT: Well honestly, this strategy did work exactly as planned although I was hoping for a better overall night from Russell. He did, however, have 33 PRA whereas Harrell (21), Gallinari (18) & Williams (24) all scored less. I was going against the grain to make up a few points & put myself on a different picking pattern than many others. So all-in-all this worked out, because the Nets got worked & are definitely gonna lose the series. Thx D-LO!

Comments

  1. Lou Thursday
    Bogdanovic Friday
    Happy holidays everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For me today it's Harrell. I don't want to pick D-LO yet for schedule reasons. I think saturday will be the best day to pick him because I already picked Jokic and Mitchell, and want to save Gobert for next monday with only two games (Pistons being the other option and Drummond already picked). So just adjusting my picks to the schedule

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally makes sense. I just need an injection of points to stay comfortably close to the competition early on & D-Lo better get that for me!

      Delete
  3. I've got Montrezl Harrell. Same as others, saving DLo for Saturday, as that day just fits a Brooklyn Net pick better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. D-Lo or Clipper tonight is an easy consensus. It's tomorrow night which gets tough between three OKC players and Vucevic. Those two teams have the same schedule for up to three days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who's the third OKC player? Anyone digging deeper than Russell Westbrook or Paul George this round?

      Delete
    2. Adams is third option for OKC since Kanter is not a good defender.

      Delete
  5. Every player I've picked not on the Jazz or Pistons has been on a winning team the night I took them, taking Clippers tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Warriors put up 73 in the 1st half for the 2nd straight game, alright Clippers I picked your men, time to win!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Clippers really play bad tonight. Every player is a letdown except Zubac garbage time.

    Friday 19th: Westbrook left down (0-2) or Gordon since Vucevic is getting double team by Gasol and Ibaka tie (1-1).
    Saturday 20th: D. Russell
    Sunday 21st: Westbrook or Gordon and Vucevic
    Monday 22nd: Gobert
    Tuesday 23rd: Jokic

    ReplyDelete
  8. Edited the post with the results. Essentially worked as predicted w/ Russell besting the subpar PRAs of all the Clippers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't trust any Pacers enough and I still think the Thunder will win at least one of the home games (if not both), so I am going with Gordon today. I think Vucevic needs the rest of the team to score before he can produce. Right now all Raptors defense is based on helping to close Vucevic offensive production. Let's see how the Magic manage it tonight, but right now I don't feel like picking him

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bogdonavic woke up a bit last game. I still think he’s the pick. Him vs Gordon is not not a big PRA difference if my mind serves me correct based on what I saw in the reg season

      Delete
    2. Bogdanovic is 24 average PRA, Gordon 27. Anyway both play against good defensive teams, I just think Raptors are more focused on Vucevic

      Delete
    3. Epic fail switching Vucevic for Gordon...

      Delete
  10. @Taong: Are you participating in the Google drive contest? I don't see your name in the spreadsheet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Taong is just doing the Fantasy postseason one.

      Delete
    2. @Arvo I kinda am in a hectic sked atm. Can only play the FPS one. But should be back on it next year. Missing the competition there in Google Drive which I always enjoy!

      Delete

Post a Comment