AGAINST THE GRAIN: Don't Get Thunderstruck!

Picking a Thunder player seems like a given. If you haven't picked Westbrook or George, this probably feels like the time, but I'm here to remind you that those guys are ballers & it's not improbable for the Thunder to win 3 games in a row here. This has been my series to avoid from the start & while I AM going with Westbrook tomorrow, there's another baller in Brooklyn by the name of Caris LeVert so if you're willing to go against the grain & separate yourself from the pack (which honestly has done me very well once I strayed from my common picking plan a few days ago), then he's rock solid pick.

This past week, LeVert was inserted into the starting lineup & played over 42 minutes while racking up 36 PRA. That's a recipe for great success combined with how he's been playing on a per minute basis in this series. The game before that he had 35 PRA off the bench. You get the picture; he's been as good or better than D-Lo in this series & is a safe pick since there's NO WAY the Nets will win this series..

As always, I'll edit this post tomorrow night with the RESULTS of how this second AGAINST THE GRAIN pick worked out! Although, I'm not brave enough to pass on Westbrook, if you're one of the folks that's already picked him, I'd say Caris will could make you the contrarian king.





Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Blech Spurs...

      I believe in Pops.

      But it’s not their year, might as well exit early.

      25: DeRozan

      Game 7 in Denver

      Delete
  2. I like the idea of Caris The Green as a contrarian pick. Will I be picking him? Absolutely not! I've got Paul George locked and loaded in Google, and Russell Westbrook in Fantasy Postseason.

    I'm still flying high after yesterday. Thanks Utah! Now I'm not stuck picking some random Clipper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tonight is a no brainer with Russell Westbrook for me. But I should warn you, and add some more argument to go against the grain. I don't like Westbrook and Westbrook doesn't like me in this game. He always performs one of his worst games when I pick him. Even in the Regular Season Pick to the Playoffs, Mister Triple Double gave me a great line of 9 points, 9 rebounds, 8 assists, not reaching even double digits on any of his three categories, and shooting 4-22 from the field, 0-8 from three. Sooo...obviously pick Westbrook if available, but at your own risk. I sent the warning for you xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Westbrook averages about 50-70 PRA in elimination games, so I hope he can get a triple double. Glad I swap my Gobert pick to Griffin. Make up for the 12 extra PRA.

      Tomorrow pick is between Gobert or Rubio. I might pick Rubio, Gobert has been in foul trouble often and was never involved in the game much these two home games.

      Thursday pick is interesting so either Jokic or one of the two Spurs.

      Delete
    2. My hope is that he already had two modest games in this series. I hope he will not let a third one happen

      Delete
  4. I was initially going Brooklyn (LeVert and Russell) but after the Thunder lost G4 I had to jump ship! Since they are 1-3 I may lose George or Westbrook!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was crazy. Not like he didn't have time to find a closer look, he wanted to shoot from his home

      Delete
  5. I'm leading the way in the google drivetothefinals.. my only regrets it's that I have already picked Lillard..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment