OVER OR UNDER: Totally Over It

Here's my first OVER OR UNDER of these playoffs. Let's hope it goes as decently as my BOLD PREDICTIONS did the other day... and for the record if I hit any number exactly it still counts successfully. These all mean the exact amount (or less / or more) depending on which way I go.


ATL/MIA: John Collins & Bogdanovic will combine for 40 points scored. I'm taking the OVER on this even though they both came off the bench last game, combining for only 16 pts. I'm not entirely sold on a huge Trae Young bounce-back (although there's no way he's a bad as last game), but I do think some other key Hawks like these guys will step up.


MIN/MEM: Memphis wins by 15. I'm taking the OVER on this because I say Minnesota gets punched in the mouth big time. I still can't believe they're even in the Playoffs, let along up a game in this series. Ja Morant is the man; plan and simple. The Wolves are clowns.


NOR/PHX: Ingram will record stats of 20-7-7. I'm taking the OVER which means all of those numbers must be at least that amount of higher. I'm thinking maybe not a triple-double but close to. He played 38 min and just didn't get the job done with an 18-5-4 line. I expect him to play over 40 min tonight and to have a much better game.


*Stay Tuned for the RESULTS posted below later tonight.

----------------------------------

RESULTS:


ATL/MIA: Bogdanovic caught fire late & he + Collins combined for 42 points. Trae played better, but still not great compared to his standards. I called this one nicely.

MIN/MEM: Grizzlies with the 28 point beatdown. The exact type of punch I predicted.

NOR/PHX: Ingram nearly recorded his first ever triple-double (37-11-9). I predicted not quite a triple-double but close to and it doesn't get any closer. This was a completely amazing day for predictions, but man... Devin Booker hurt after a 31 pt first half is devastating... This NEEDS to be the Suns' year.

Current Over/Under Record: (3-0)


Comments

  1. Bam!!! Nailed my first over/under perfectly. Couldn't have said it any better! Young has a an average so-so game and Collins / Bogdanovic combine for 42 points!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats on your predictions! Even if I didn't like your 1st one as I had Trae. And it looked quite different when I stopped watching at halftime with 18-3-3. But it looks like the Heat managed to limit him again in the 2nd half

      Delete
  2. Boom!!! Nailed the 2nd one. Grizzlies punches them hard to the tune of a 28 point win. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 3 for 3. The oracle has spoken. This was the most perfectly predictive blog posts I’ve ever made on any given day in history!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ingram or Valanciunas...... obviously the wrong one 57-26 and green vs red. I am not lucky in this game... EVER yet I still continue to play believing I can't do this bad every year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vucivic tonight Ill take DeRozen next game

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. I think Derozan this game. Although I already picked him so it’s Lavine for me.

      Delete
    2. i switched to DeRozen Next game Ill take Lavine Vocovic or Tre Young..Im taking best guy left on team i think going to lose from here on it Not try to be cute,Took Ingram 2nd game which i still think was a good pick but wish I had him for game 2 ,I had McCullum with 41 which is very good

      Delete
  7. Siakam was the 5th highest scorer .... on his own freakin team, not of the day or even the game on his own team alone! For the Raptors who played over 20 minutes he was the WORST! I was worried once I saw a handful of VanFleet picks he (Siakam) would possibly do worse but I never imagined 3 other Raptors would also be higher including 2 who got more points alone then Siakam got combined! Despite the gift of 5 extra minutes he did not get a lick of PAR in OT! Now if someone told me VanFleet would get 24 I'd feel good that Siakam would beat that but nope only 21 guaranteeing YET ANOTHER RED! No way do any of the Bulls go below that in fact one of them is already there at HALFTIME! As bad as the Valanciunas pick was this was THREE TIMES WORSE based on how far below average he went! Now that he's been used he'll certainly get 40+ in game 4 despite being 0-3 where most players mail it in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bad luck is upon you but better early on than later on. You’ll be good!

      Delete
    2. I hope you are right since I don't have many good years.

      Delete
  8. Ah, it all starts coming together now...

    The Raptors played in an OT game, I picked the two studs of the Raptors (you know, the champions), and three Raptors scored more than 20 pts. My two guys had 12 each. Sigh.

    Meanwhile I continue to pick the wrong guys in the wrong games. Starting with Bogdanovic for the Hawks in g1 was not the brightest idea, admittedly, but 11 PRA in g1? Followed by 19 pts in the fourth quarter alone in g2? While I kind of wasted Trae Young? Deep sigh.

    Meanwhile taking Brunson and Dinwiddie from the Mavs in the wrong order. Of course. When I picked Brunson, he was three better than Dinwiddie. The next game? I get the red column for Dinwiddie´s 27, while about 80% of everybody else gets the green 54 from Brunson. What does everybody else know that I don´t? Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I can´t remember the last time I saw a regular season game in the NBA. Ah well.

    But as frustrating as that is I still continue to play this silly game (DTTF) every year. Suck at it for most of the time. But it´s the only thing that keeps it interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Alex Herges: Like most fantasy sports, it comes down to blind luck! No one can predict with a reasonable amount of accuracy who is going to score big one night and then put up a dude the next game. The fun part for me is if one hits...like Brunsson did for me....that is great BUT I fully expect a majority of my picks will come up as 'under expectations'. Its just the nature of sports. Good luck to you the rest of the way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jokic is a safe bet since I already used him. I'm sure he'll block me from getting green with Jalen Brunson oh wait I'll just be happy to avoid a red! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep I knew it! Jokic has 45 (surpassing the 41 on GD and at my FP score) with over 3 minutes to go...... in the 3rd quarter! Definite 60+ since I couldn't take him.

      Delete
    2. That's true looks like Brunson (37) between green (60) and red (14).

      Delete
  11. Middleton out for the Bucks, Booker out for the Suns and Luka Doncic returning to the Mavs might spell some major upsets. Even without Doncic the Mavs are up 2-1 so him coming back may lock up the series. The Suns seem least likely to be upset while the Jazz are most likely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don’t disagree here. However I still have faith in the Jazz. I love Mitchell.

      Delete

Post a Comment