Thursday Night Strategy: Go With The Flow or Risk It All?

Tangent here!

Tonight is an interesting night for Drive To The Finals. Boston and Cleveland each lead their series 1-0, but the east is very close and those series are far from over. I think we have two options tonight:

1) Play it safe and go with the flow
With Cleveland up 1-0 on the road, I'd imagine that Raptor players are going to be the popular pick tonight. As I mentioned in my "Steps to Navigating the Second Round" blog, if you need to pick from Toronto-Cleveland early, it's best to pick a Raptor because they have more PRA options on the team.

2) Risk it and go with your gut
Do you think both Philadelphia and Toronto will ultimately prevail? In that case, you might want to risk it and pick a Celtic or Cav. It's not the strategy I'm doing, but ultimately if you are looking to actually win Drive to the Finals you might want to take a few risks. If you go with the flow every game, you will ultimately lose out to the person who trusted their gut and was right. Look at the number of people who lost LeBron James in Round 1. The people who risked it are now in a much stronger position. A lot of people ended up not picking Victor Oladipo as a result (21% of people on Google Drive did not pick Oladipo, and I'm not sure what that number looks like on Fantasy Postseason)

Note: This should not be confused with people who didn't pick Oladipo because they truly believed Indiana would win the series. They risked it correctly, but just got the result wrong.

Tonight, I'm picking Jonas Valanciunas, because I feel Toronto has been feeding the big man down low. I still think Toronto ultimately wins the series, but Cleveland lacks depth so I can wait a few games to see if my gut is correct on this one. I'm going with the flow. Time will tell if I've made the right call.


Comments

  1. What's your name on google drive?I can't find you..

    I'm going with Valanciunas too, and I think the Cavs will win the series now up 1-0. I keep De Rozan for an elimination game or for a pivotal game..Plus Valanciunas is better in a home game.
    The problems with our picks will start if Philly cant even the series tonight..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tangent is Jason, and I am Javi. Maybe we should change our names for the Playoffs game xD

      Delete
    2. He’s Jason at the very top of the spreadsheet

      Delete
    3. Yep, Jason is the one you are looking for. If Philly can't even the series, I don't think it's too much of a problem. Embiid, DeRozan, Lowry, and Simmons are the must pick players from the teams down 0-1. I would expect at least one of the two series to go to six games.

      Delete
  2. I also think Valanciunas is a good pick for tonight. I am not really sure the Cavs will advance, but there's not much to pick from there, so there will be time if the Raptors win the next games. I agree with Umberto he uses to be better at home, and he is the Raptor I care less to lose if they advance. He might have tougher matchups against other teams. Especially if the Cavs keep playing Kevin Love at center, as I read. And I still trust The Process, and picked two Celtics already. I can wait for that series

    ReplyDelete
  3. 76ers have 3 or 4 good options Ive used a few celtics.Toronto has DeRozen Lowry and V I can live without picking V or Lowry.Im taking Simmons I think he can have a triple double

    ReplyDelete
  4. Despite being 0-1 I have to bank on Philly winning the series, if they are favored on the road that must mean they have a great chance of winning the series however if they don't that means 3/4 series after 2 games will have the team I thought would lose the series with homecourt advantage. With the Jazz winning last night at least it makes tomorrow an easy Pelicans decision.

    ReplyDelete
  5. After the Pacers took them to the limit and pretty much outplayed them the Cavs have taken a commanding 2-0 lead on the road meaning they could sweep the series with games 3 and 4 at home. Good news is just like the West this makes my games 3 and 4 picks easy with 1 series 2-0 and the other 1-1!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bad news was my picks weren't looking good Good news Philly is ahead by 22......Good news my picks have come to life, however Philly's lead is all the way down to 4! That being said if a similar 2nd half occurs a close Celtics loss is still a loss, good effort in a losing cause please!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment