Pivotal Game 4 Strategy

We have arrived at the game fours of Round 2, with each series being set at a 2-1 advantage for one team. The results of these game four matchups will be pivotal for how we approach our strategy for the rest of the round. Let's examine our four matchups:


Sunday:


Boston @ Philadelphia [Boston leads 2-1]

The 76ers shocked Boston on their home court when they were without Joel Embiid. They have proceeded to lose two in a row when Embiid returned. Go figure. This team is a bit of a second round enigma, always looking promising going into the round but struggling more than one would expect. The fact that Boston won on the road in convincing fashion should make you more confident to start draining 76ers faster than Steph Curry would drain shots in a big game. I've picked one 76er so far in each format, with Tobias Harris (on Google Drive) and Paul Reed (on Fantasy Postseason). Today, I'm going with Joel Embiid in both formats. The Celtics have convinced me they have what it takes to win this. Or the 76ers have convinced me they don't have what it takes. One of the two. 


Denver @ Phoenix [Denver leads 2-1]

As of yet so far, we've seen the home teams cooking in this series. Will this continue throughout the round? There are often series in the NBA playoffs where we see home teams continue to come out on top all the way until game 7. For Phoenix, they have two beast-mode players in Kevin Durant and Devin Booker. I'm not sure how long they can ride a two man show for wins, but I'll enjoy watching that ride for as long as it lasts. I've yet to make a decision in this series in terms of my picks. I've used Jamaal Murray and Kevin Durant in Google Drive. I've been more cautious in Fantasy Postseason due to the round multiplier, picking Aaron Gordon and, regrettably, De'Andre Ayton. With my Embiid pick locked in, I plan to see how game 4 goes and save Booker/Jokic for the first elimination game.


Monday:


NY Knicks @ Miami [Miami leads 2-1]

The Miami Heat won convincingly in game 3. Meanwhile, the Knicks only win in game 2 was anything but convincing, despite being on their home court and Jimmy Butler being out. At this point, I'm willing to bet on the Heat. I've picked Julius Randle in both formats, who was alright but underwhelming. I picked RJ Barrett as well in Google Drive, and, regrettably, Mitchell Robinson in Fantasy Postseason. On Monday, this is the series I recommend picking from. I've got Jalen Brunson lined up and ready to go in both formats.


Golden State @ LA Lakers [Lakers lead 2-1]

The Lakers have turned back the clock and are back to their winning ways. However, you should not be counting Golden State out at this point. I am planning to wait on this series for the time being because the Knicks appear as easier targets for now. I've picked Steph Curry and Draymond Green in Google Drive. I've picked, regrettably, Kevon Looney in Fantasy Postseason (right at the moment he got sick and came off the bench). We will see how game 4 goes and proceed from there. 





Comments

  1. Embiid still listed as questionable but hes got to play and have huge game. But Ill have to keep eye out to see if hes playing so may take Maxey and Embiid tuesday.I agree a knick tomorow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah just saw Embiid is questionable. Need to check in prior to game time.

      Delete
  2. I still haven't picked Harden and KD and picking Embiid tonight hoping any of these teams extend so I don't lose any of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm in a similar spot. Booker and Harden left. Losing Harden isn't a big deal. Booker and Durant are must pick.

      Delete
    2. Looks like Philly is wining if this keeps up we get to use Harden. Better than forcing yourself in picking a LAL or GSW

      Delete
  3. I share your thoughts about all of the series. Also going with Embiid if he plays, Harden if not. I only picked Paul Reed from the Sixers.

    I already picked Brunson yesterday. After G2, even if it was a win, I had a bad feeling about the Knicks for the rest of the series with Butler healthy. As I said before, it's difficult to win when you aren't a good 3 point shooting team. And I also wonder if they have any offensive plans, I have the feeling most of the plays are just give the ball to one of our best players and let's see if he manages to make an individual play

    ReplyDelete
  4. i took Maxey If 76ers win series tide Ill save Embiid until close out game hope he dont get hurt

    ReplyDelete
  5. Took Harden.

    Coach Thibs said Brunson hurt his ankle in G3. Taking Randle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy with Harden’s numbers. Hoping they’ll still lose series. Got Tobias next.

      Changed Randle pick to RJ Barrett, with both Brunson and Quickley hobbled.

      Got

      Delete
  6. I'm so nervous to pick Harden tonight (Game 5) since he did so well last game including the dagger 3 in OT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I share your fear, I am expecting an underwhelming performance today. If possible I would avoid picking him. But next game I will have to pick Jokic or Booker, so it has to be today. Unless you think the Sixers will advance

      Delete

Post a Comment