Jerry Ricochet's Upcoming Blogs! (2023 Edition)

Sign-Ups Now Open at Fantasy Postseason! First game is Saturday, April 15 so join by then!

Free Public League w/ Prizes: Free Public League

$25 Buy-In League also through FPS: Email jerryricochet@gmail.com and we'll get you the link!

Free Spreadsheet  Google Drive League  that includes the play-in beginning Tuesday (4/11)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Much like the last few years, I’ll be aiming for a blog entry once every other day or so of the playoffs & will generally alternate between the three concepts described below while Tangent & Maciej may chime in with additional entries from time to time. 

Against The Grain
I recognize clearly what the two most popular picks of the day are & make a suggestion for another player more under the radar with reasons why that player could very well over-perform & potentially put you in a good spot competitively by going contrarian to the masses.

Bold Predictions
I make extremely bold predictions (going against something that's favored/expected) about each game on the day's slate; just one prediction per matchup that I fully expect to be wrong about, but just might be right about. I encourage you all to agree or disagree with me in the comments & create an engaging discussion. I'll keep public track of my winning percentage (accuracy of my bold predictions) & it'll be fun to root for or against me throughout these challenges. Again, the whole idea is that I say something bold & specific like "Embiid will score in single digits" & I'd explain why/how that could happen on that particular night. I was (1-7 last year) after going (0-19 the previous two years combined) so I def don't make it easy on myself, lol. 

Over Or Under
I'll make a statement & then acknowledge whether I'll take the over or under. For example, "Milwaukee will win by 10 points & I'm taking the over" or "Giannis will get 30/15 & I'm taking the under on both" I'd love for you all to put your own thoughts in the comments of each entry & I'll add to the bottom of each post after the games are over with to discuss the outcome of that days predictions.

Prepare yourselves for the fun all you DTTFs enthusiasts! And let's all please actively promote this blog so you build up activity for years to come!




Comments

  1. Day 1 of the Google DTTF. Heat@Hawks is harder for me to predict. Wolves@Lakers is easier as Gobert is serving his one-game suspension. Edwards is tearing it up the past few games, but it was Towns benefitting from Gobert’s absence last game. Expecting Towns to have more chances in the paint without Gobert hogging that area up offensively.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent assessment. As much as I dislike picking Towns (always cuz I’m cursed with him), this seems like the time to pick him with Gobert out.

      Delete
  2. Fantasy Postseason also now open for reg:
    https://www.fantasypostseason.com/league/contest_signup/83103
    Link above as well ☝️

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jazzed for another FPS season but bummed it is the last. Hoping my private league, Jerry references $25 entry, just keeps growing one last time. We have about 40 joined or invited now. How about 50+?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can’t believe it’s the last year for the FPS site. I got in touch with the owners and will seriously see about acquiring it or seeing about an alternative with a similar website interface between now & next year.

      Delete
    2. is there a payoff list for the league

      Delete
  4. Nice Hawks win.

    Miami’s D didn’t show up. Looked like the Heat they’ve been all season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hawks looked dominant. I expect the Heat to play much better on Friday. Overall I’m thrilled with the playoff matchups so far. Everything is exactly how I would prefer it for some very entertaining series.

      Delete

Post a Comment