Foiled by the Schedule Makers

The next two days of Drive to the Finals could not be any more different. Let's prepare by taking a closer look at the best strategy for today and tomorrow.


Tuesday

LA Clippers @ Phoenix [Suns lead 3-1]

Minnesota @ Denver [Nuggets lead 3-1]

Atlanta @ Boston [Celtics lead 3-1]


At this stage, you probably already have your pick made. None of these are expected to last past tonight, with all three home teams heavily favoured to win (Thursday could be an empty slate). This will make tonight easy pick by selecting your best available player. I would rank the top picks in the following order: 1) Anthony Edwards, 2) Russell Westbrook, 3) Trae Young, 4) Dejounte Murray, 5) Karl Anthony Towns. If you've picked all five of these players, you can look into the additional options, such as Rudy Gobert and Norman Powell. I'm picking Powell tonight. I don't love the pick, but I had plans to pick Kahwi Leonard around this time. Kahwi's injury stopped me from having the option and made me regret not just picking him first while he was healthy. 


Wednesday

NY Knicks @ Cleveland [Knicks lead 3-1]

LA Lakers @ Memphis [Lakers lead 3-1]

Miami @ Milwaukee [Heat lead 3-1]

Golden State @ Sacramento [Series tied 2-2]


How cruel the schedule makers were. I'm certainly not the only person with a lot of Cavaliers, Grizzlies, and Bucks left to pick, and suddenly no time remaining to pick them. I even grabbed Donovan Mitchell and Ja Morant the past two days, and still feel like I am lacking time. What's the play here? First, we can rule out the only series tied 2-2 for now. No reason to touch that. The easy decision from the teams down 3-1 is to pick Giannis Antetekounmpo. Almost everyone is going to be making that pick, so even if the Bucks come back you won't be alone. However, the Bucks are the #1 seed and Miami needed a miraculous performance by Jimmy Butler to just barely steal Game 4. There is a decent chance the Bucks come back. If you feel like rolling the dice, you can look other ways. Ja Morant would make an excellent pick. Donovan Mitchell and Darius Garland would also make excellent picks. 

There's another aspect to consider: Round multiplier leagues. I'm currently in one on Fantasy Postseason. In that league, I'm going to make no decision and instead pick Brook Lopez. He can put up numbers and if one of these teams come back, I'll have a more full roster of players for the next round. The first round barely matters in Round Multiplier leagues, so playing it safe might be the play. I still think Memphis, Cleveland, and especially Milwaukee could come back here. 


Good luck with your picks!




Comments

  1. <3 Tomorrow is a rough one :( - Where are you going to play this next year ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully I'll acquire the Fantasy Postseason site or one of us will. Don't want to see it die!

      Delete
    2. We used to have one DTTF provided by Ganaca. Guys who can remember this, I salute you 🫡 . But they have moved on to other ventures.

      Delete
  2. I was also between Powell and Gobert, but I lean a little more on Gobert's production with points and rebounds. Powell can get hot on any certain game, but I find it harder to trust.

    As I don't play any league with multipliers, and already picked Morant and Mitchell (on the wrong days), it doesn't make a lot of sense to me risking to lose Anteto. Maybe the Bucks come back and still advance, but I also fear his back issue could linger

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, easy pick for me tomorrow is Jaren Jackson. Grizz aren't gonna win that series. I'm confident in saying there's no chance.

      Delete
    2. I have also already picked him in GD, not in FP as I still had Edwards available without the Play-in. Garland could also be a good choice, but I don't think I will change my mind

      Delete
  3. Good point.
    Giannis vs Donovan, hmmm…
    Bucks more likely to extend the series than Cavs.
    Where’s my dice?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. I say neither. I'm picking a Grizz. No regrets. I don't mind missing out of guys if it means not having picked from a team that advances.

      Delete
  4. We said Thursday will be empty, basketball gods said nope!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of all the game, the Celtics couldn't close the deal and they've look like one of the best teams in the playoffs most of the time. Probably my favorite to win the title; just a wild first round.

      Delete
  5. Miami is hot The Bucks can not stop Butler.Im not takling chance on missing 50 plus from Giannis

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment