AGAINST THE GRAIN: The Role Players

Here's my second AGAINST THE GRAIN of these playoffs. There are two games on the slate today as both the Lakers & Warriors have chances to win each series on their home floor.

MEM/LAL: At this point, I give the Grizzlies a slightly better chance of winning this series compared to the Kings winning the other, but I still feel like the Lakers likely close the Grizz out tonight & could even do so on the road next game if it comes down to it. If you absolutely don't agree with me, then perhaps pick one of your big time Lakers, but I feel the best "against the grain" picks if you've already picked Morant, Bane, Jackson or simply want to avoid them, would be one of the other two starters, Brooks or Tillman. Brooks has had a terrible series, but will play big minutes & is certainly capable of a strong stats, but he seems like a bit more of a risk compared to Tillman who has been solid in every game and has a pretty safe floor.


GSW/SAC: While I fully expect the Warriors to take care of business tonight or next game, not everyone may agree with me & if you actually believe that Sacramento will win this series, then feel free to pick a Warrior. However, I'd say the proper "against the grain" hedge if you don't want to pick Fox / Sabonis just yet or have already, would be Malik Monk. Even though Monk comes off the bench, he's essentially playing starter's minutes & putting up great stats in this series. He's also the main offensive beneficiary if Fox's finger continues to be limiting. Personally, I'm rolling with Fox, but his broken finger is a concern as he got worse and worse as the last game progressed despite starting off strong. Harrison Barnes, Kevin Huerter & Keegan Murray, although all starting, are just too inconsistent statistically and aren't necessarily guaranteed high minutes.





Comments

  1. Picking SAC with Fox today. Best remaining in my pool among SAC & MEM (already used Morant). But also I think MEM is more likely to extend this. Even if LAL close them out, that's okay. Fox still best in my pool by far.

    Next day I am picking KD. Unpopular pick, but I'm hinging on DEN to come out of this series. KD instead of other Suns, because fear of injury.

    Btw, if you are gonna pick Chris Paul, historically he's better before his birthday (May 6). For some reason unknown, he sucks after that date. Especially on that date.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well that was disappointing. I'd say the Coach of the Year had Kerr on the ropes. Now, momentum (and home court) is on Sacramento's side. It will be a tall order for the heart of a champion to win another one on the road, but if GS loses Game 7, they deserve it for not closing it out in G6.

      Now.... should everybody pick Steph?

      Delete
    2. yes take Curry U do not risk not getting his points

      Delete
  2. Fantasy postseason is already over got an invisible performance from Sabonis and now I'm 214 behind after 1 round. Being 107 behind is rough enough what a disgraceful result! Even worse if this is the last year of FP that I'm already finished so soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fox was the clear pick and most took him..Suns Nugs series is a toss up,Ill take Murray at home today hes been hot

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who you guys got for tomorrow ?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Same as with Giannis, even if I think they can win I am not risking not picking Curry. Not so sure about today's series winner, I will start with Porter at home. I give the Suns a slight favouritism, but it could go either way

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment