Second Round Series Update

We've reached more than the halfway point of the second round. All four second round series are relatively close, with only Boston defeating Cleveland feeling like a sure thing and the rest being up for grabs with some doubt. Let's take a closer look and examine what we can do to navigate these close matchups.

Boston vs Cleveland
Boston leads 3-1

Boston is cruising while Cleveland is hurting. Donovan Mitchell and Jarrett Allen missed game 4, and without them the Cavs are just running a bit short on their ability to compete. If you are like me, you've been draining Cav players left, right, and centre. I've picked a Cav player every game this series, with Mobley, Mitchell, Garland, and LeVert all selected. Max Strus and Jarrett Allen (if healthy) remain as options. If I need to wait a day on the Mavs/OKC series, I'll play it safe and grab Strus in what should be an elimination game 5.

Dallas vs Oklahoma City
Dallas leads 2-1

As of this writing, Dallas leads at the half. If this holds, I will be picking Shai in Game 5, and so will all the rest of you! If OKC comes back and ties the series at 2-2, I'll likely pick Strus from Cleveland and let this series get to the 6th game before making a selection. Only Doncic and SGA feel like must picks. Irving normally would be must-pick, but in this series he has taken to a defensive role and with that his numbers are down (but wins are up!).

Denver vs Minnesota
Series tied 2-2

Yikes, this is a series you cannot predict. Everyone started with picking Timberwolves, who grabbed a 2-0 series lead on the road. Everyone switched to Nuggets, who have now tied the series at 2-2 on the road. Will a home team ever win? I would expect the Nuggets have grabbed momentum, but with this series you still don't know. I've picked Gobert and Jokic in Google Drive, and Conley and Murray in Fantasy Postseason. I'll be picking Ant next in Google Drive, and playing it safer with either KAT, Gobert, or a Knick (e.g. DiVincenzo) in Fantasy Postseason.

NY Knicks vs Indiana
Series teid 2-2

The Knicks have looked awful on the road, but played well in their own arena. They have dealing with a lot of injuries, and this could mean Indiana can take them, For me, due to being on the same day as Denver vs Minnesota, I've put all my eggs in the Knicks basket, and I'm feeling the heat right now. I've picked Siakam, Turner, Haliburton, and Nembhard in both leagues. If the Knicks lose, its gonna be rough picking for the next round. 

How are your picks looking, and what strategies are you going to take?

Comments

  1. Bad Mavs 4Q.
    Series tied 2-2.
    What will it take to win G5 on the road?

    Got K-Towns picked next. My DEN-MIN pool is all messed-up now, so might as well go for it. Can Nuggets carry their momentum on the road?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maccabi de LevantarMay 14, 2024 at 7:49 AM

    I am also picking Towns, while praying for the Knicks. I am avoiding Thunder and Mavs until elimination, hoping to have enough from them for the Conference Finals. Because I am picking all the main players from the Nuggets and Wolves. So my strategy is to save Knicks for the Conference Finals and Celtics for the NBA Finals, but if the Pacers advance it will all get very complicated.

    Towns and Strus (or Jarrett Allen if finally healthy) next

    ReplyDelete
  3. i had sga last night tonight AE tomorow Garland

    ReplyDelete
  4. Barring MIN and IND both winning game 6 it will be ONE game from here on out meaning we'll have to use someone in every remaining game. Every time I've picked from DAL/OKC the team of the player I picked won.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like we are screwed by the blowout bug again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. G7 Safe pick: best available player remaining in DEN-MIN pool.

    For tourneys with multipliers, stick with your bets.

    I got Andrew picked from IND.... but to tell you the truth I don't follow them that much to even know who he is 😇

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment