AGAINST THE GRAIN: Heat Still Cooking With Fire!

Here's my fourth AGAINST THE GRAIN of these playoffs. Just one game on the slate as the Celtics / Heat enter Game 5.

BOS/MIA: Even with Boston finally winning a game, the Heat still have virtually a 100% chance of winning the series based on no team ever coming back from 0-3 in NBA Playoff history. So there's really no reason to pick a Heat player today unless you're completely out of Celtics, which is unlikely. Selecting your best remaining Celtic should very likely be your plan for this evening & while most will be selecting a remaining Celtic starter, my AGT recommendation is none other than Grant (don't even look Butler's way) Williams. Grant Williams first saw meaningful minutes in Game 3 whereas he played 29 min with 15 PRA. Then in Game 4 (which the Celtics won) he played 30 min with 22 PRA (24 PRABS). That's 8 more minutes than Robert Williams & 14 more minutes than Brogdon in that game. It's very likely that none of us had Grant Williams on our picking radar until recently & if Coach Mizzulla feels he's now part of a recipe to win games in this series, we'll very likely see big minutes once again from Grant Williams & he could potentially out produce whoever else you're leaning toward today. Enjoy


Comments

  1. Good point about Grant, Jerry. I still trust more Smart to be my pick. Anyway I lost a lot of ground after picking JT and JB in the wrong order, as usual xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Picking the right order is tough. I've been more lucky with that than normal this playoffs though.

      Delete
  2. Who took Brogdon? LOL What a DISASTER!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brogdon had an injury report prior to G5.

    I had Smart picked, and got
    Lucky there.

    Next pick: White

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now you tell me lol.
      I used White in G2 vs Philly and Smart in G1 this round.
      This reminds me of the fateful 2018 conference finals when the maximum 14 games occurred and both winners trailed 2-3 in their series and if that wasn't bad enough there were 4 major players on the Rockets and guess what happened! Yep I picked 3 and the ONE I hadn't picked got injured!
      As a result I got screwed in the finals with only Draymond Green and got jumped 100 points even in a sweep!

      Delete
  4. i was away couldnt change my picks Im done I had Butler pegged in last game

    ReplyDelete
  5. What? The? Heck? Is? Happening???

    Well, it was bound to happen some time, but this is unexpected. Being down 0-3 and then forcing a g7 on your homefloor means, you have to lose twice at home at the beginning. No wonder this has never happened before. And now we are witnesses to something special. I am very curious what these teams have cooked up for g7. Wish I could watch it.

    If I remember correctly, the last team that had to go to g7 after being up 3-0 was the Mavericks. What followed was the a 118-78 at home, the biggest margin in a g7 in NBA history.

    Can the Celtics complete the comeback? Seems pretty likely to me, to be honest. I don´t expect a pretty game. Adebayo and Martin for me. And probably Nuggets only in the Finals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 2003 playoffs. Mavericks (DirkNashFinley) up 3-0 vs Blazers (DamonZboSheedSabonis). Blazers went on to win 3 straight but eventually lost to Mavs.

      That Blazers team was a tough team, played excellent O&D. Once they figured out the Mavs in G4, they got momentum and never released the pedal. Mavsdom was ready to call Dirk and Co soft (well, they were). We did not want to be the one who lost a 3-0 lead.

      But the Blazers were gungho and locked-in. Celtics need to be better mentally than those Blazers. Let’s see if they can win Game 7

      🍀

      Delete
    2. I can't believe the Celts are gonna pull this off. The Heat are a tough out and seriously what a miraculous, lucky tip by White. Right place, right time & super right time considering there was .1 to spare & the difference between a loss and a win. Just crazy.

      Delete
  6. Jimmy Butler pick incoming for Game 7. I'm glad he was pretty crappy in Game 6, because I believe in him much more after a bad game. Add in Game 7 stakes & I bet he doesn't sit more than 30 seconds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ditto. Butler lesgo

      Gonna be all-Nuggets picks in the Finals

      Delete

Post a Comment