We have arrived at Game 6

 Hey everybody,


Tonight is the start of the Game 6s and potentially some tough decisions will need to be made. If you were a believer in the Blazers and Lakers, then tonight you might be faced with a tough choice. A handful of people picked the likes of Devin Booker and Nikola Jokic already, and are left deciding between LeBron James and Damian Lillard for tonight. The good news is, this is likely not too bad of a position to be in. The Portland Trailblazers and Denver Nuggets series feels destined to go to Game 7, and passing on Lillard should be a relatively safe call in order to save him for later. Meanwhile, the Lakers are in significant trouble because of the Anthony Davis injury. Trusting that LeBron James will make it to Game 7 is a far greater risk, and thus you really need to pick him if you haven't already. For myself, I already picked LeBron James in Game 5 and will be picking Damian Lillard tonight in Game 6. I wish I could switch the order I picked them in though, as I expect Lillard to be strong but not at the historic level like he was on Tuesday. Meanwhile, LeBron James trying to carry his team on his shoulders is a safe bet to get his strongest performance of the season.


Tomorrow, the LA Clippers are trailing the Dallas Mavericks 3-2 in a series that has not gone according to plan. Unless you have some deep down hunch you want to follow that you are very sure the Clippers will turn this around and win the series, your best bet is to pick a Clipper. I would suggest this, because I have bet on the Clippers before and been bitten hard by them not living up to potential. They are not worth the bet. They may win, but I wouldn't risk Kawhi Leonard by betting on the Clippers to come through. My pick is Kawhi Leonard for Game 6, and then Luka Doncic for Game 7, if necessary. 







Comments

  1. Mavs Clips. Both road warriors. Road team won all five games.

    Can we have Game 6 done in LA instead? 😛

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eventual Game 7 will be in LA, so we can be calm ;) I hope Game 6 will be all about role players for Mavs getting hot with KP having great game in a win.

      Delete
    2. No G7 please.
      Old men like me can only take so much 😅

      Delete
    3. Mavs will win tomorrow. Series over in 6. Road team ain't gonna win 6 in a row.

      Delete
  2. Thought it could be a Lillard or LBJ call tonight when looking at the schedule so decided to go with the former in Game 5 leaving tonight's selection as an easy option and no risk of missing out on one if both series ended before a game 7.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely agree with everything posted by Tangent. I have LeBron tonight, and I think the Blazers will force game7. I'm even considering not picking Lillard in a possible game7, as I think they could advance, and I will have spent a lot of good players in the West for the 2nd round. But one game at a time.

    Tomorrow it's Kawhi, if they reach game7 I will see who to pick, as I already picked Luka and PG13

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 100% agree here. I still believe in the Blazers. They played some great team basketball this year & their player rotations in this series are just terrible. Hopefully Stotts finally realizes this & allows for great play surrounding Lillard because he ALMOST beat Denver all by his damn self.

      Delete
  4. What can you say or do about the Road-Warriors-Series? What to do, who to pick. Will the Mavs finally be able to win at home? If so, then it would be okay for me. As of now I have picked Porzingis in GD and Leonard and PG 13 in both games (one of each in g6). What should not happen is another road win and a game 7.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely disgusting performance. Fire Stotts immediately. I HATE THE NUGGETS. HOPE THEY GET SWEPT NEXT ROUND. Super upset over this. Now I need the Suns to beat the Lakers (with AD playing) just cuz I’m sick of the best teams losing. Blazers got out coached. Suns have the better coach over the Lakers IMO so time for coaching to prevail across the board.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jokic is an MVP player and Porter is also a rising star.I had Portland winning though

      Delete
  6. I agree. This sucks more for basketball then the game we play. Really hard to believe Portland lost. Wanted to see Lillard and Melo in the next round. Hope the Lakers win tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Melo's college career 1 year: 1 national title
    Melo's NBA career (so far) 18 years: 0 NBA championships
    He's cursed

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lillard was the perfect pick in G5 with 71 on GD, 82 on FP AND a DOUBLE OT LOSS! Of course I naturally took James (who got half that in a blowout) and Djokic (who advanced) that night!

    I took Djokic since I lost him in 2019 after I banked on a Nuggets win in G7 so I decided I wasn't losing him this year...... well I lost Lillard instead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I lost Lillard as well and have not picked well this year. Picked players all on the wrong days for their big games and incorrectly predicted the Lakers & Blazers to when their series. At least I haven't picked a clipper or mav, until tonight of course when I go Kawhi and root for the Mavs.

      Delete
    2. Could have pick Lillard in G5. But both of those series were tie at 2 so I went with Smart as the safe option. At least Lebron outscored Lillard by 1 FP.

      Delete
  9. i already took Kiwi and PG they dont have anyone else worth taking Im going with Luka

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Reggie Jackson is a decent 20+ PRA

      Delete
    2. Yeah, what Taong said or Marcus Morris as well. He played 42 min last game. You're better off picking a Clipper with their backs against the well and saving Luka for the next road or saving him for Game 7 if there is one.

      Delete
    3. You can go with Jackson or Morris. Tonight I’m taking Leonard as I picked George already. I hope the Mavs can win tonight and end the home court losing streak.

      Delete
    4. You can go with Jackson or Morris. Tonight I’m taking Leonard as I picked George already. I hope the Mavs can win tonight and end the home court losing streak.

      Delete
    5. You can go with Jackson or Morris. Tonight I’m taking Leonard as I picked George already. I hope the Mavs can win tonight and end the home court losing streak.

      Delete

Post a Comment