(Not)Guaranteed: Superstars time

Welcome to another edition of Guarantees in which I (do not) guarantee playoffs things that can happen in next 3 days. Guarantees are still guaranteed in less than 50%, so it's not that great, but maybe (I don't think so as I went at least a little bold with most of them) it can finally be turned around and more than 50% of Guarantees will be correct at the end ;) Let's get in to see what can be guaranteed for next few days.

Saturday Guarantees

Guarantee #55: Superstars time! I guarantee that both Kawhi Leonard (who had last 3 games under 30 points) and Donovan Mitchell will score at least 33 points in Game 3. [Not correct, Mitchell had 30 points]

Sunday Guarantees

Guarantee #56: Getting close to advance! I guarantee Nets will win Game 4 against Bucks and take 3-1 lead of this series. [Not correct]

Guarantee #57: Superstars time! I guarantee at least three players will score at least 35 points that day (I expect Joker, Booker, KD/Kyrie to be in this group). [Not correct, but if I wrote 34 instead, it would be true as Giannis and Booker had 34 and CP3 - 37]

Guarantee #58: A lot of threes! I guarantee that on Sunday we will see at least 50 made 3-pointers. [Not correct, there was 48 3's made]

Monday Guarantees

Guarantee #59: Rebounds are key for a win! I guarantee that teams who win rebounding battles will win their games. (It's not so obvious as in first two games of Sixers-Hawks team with more rebounds lost game and also Clippers lost despite winning rebounding battle in Game 2) [Not correct, Sixers won rebounding battle and lost game]

Guarantee #60: Double-doubles day! I guarantee at least 5 players that day will have double-double. [Correct, exactly 5 players had double-double and all of them played in first game of the day!]

 



Feel free to discuss in comments not only my guarantees, but also games, players performances and fantasy implications. And whenever you read it, have a great day!

Comments

  1. More like a scrubs night! Both M Morris's were equally brutal to me just 9 PAR tonight despite the Clippers scoring 132!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also know this pain as I took him... I don't know why he played just 22 minutes as he was 3/5 FG comparing to his big minutes despite bad games in first 2 games of the series, but I'm a little disappointed with 9PRA (I expected about 20 PRA) :/

      All three Mitchell, Kawhi, PG13 scored 30+ points, but still not enough for Guarantee #55 to be correct...

      Delete
  2. I see this post one day too late, but I have the feeling that the Bucks will win today. I think #58, #59 and #60 will come true, 3/5.

    I have Gordon, Capela and Lopez for the next days

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I wish some will be correct as I'm on bad streak lately and picking Marcus Morris in FP didn't help ;) but I know I'm going a little bold with most of them, so maybe 50% will not be reached, we'll see, but at least I'm having fun with it :)

      I have Porter today, tommorow I think about Trae or maybe someone from Utah as they have many solid options and then it depends on today's results - if Bucks win, then probably it's KD/Kyrie time and if not, then Lopez or someone from Denver (Gordon/Barton) if they win today.

      Delete
    2. Let's see the news about Kyrie, because that could change the plans

      Delete
    3. I think that will not change my plans as with 2-2 I'll pick KD... I think Harden can come back for Game 5, but I may be wrong (as all four of my prediction from Saturday and Sunday).

      Delete
  3. Are you kidding me, are you efen kidding me?! Nikola Jokic ejected in the 3rd quarter was certainly getting 50+ if not 60+ but instead ends with 37 due to the ejection with over a quarter to go! My luck is beyond rotten this year. Yes I've blown it in the past with some promising years and some bad but never have I been 200 points behind in either google drive or fantasy postseason and now I'm 200+ back in BOTH!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least he still had 37 ;) I'm also struggling this year, so you're not alone, but it's not over, so maybe it can be turned around a bit at some point ;)

      Delete
  4. Ah, well, at least I see that it is my stupid picks that doom my campaign, not just bad luck.
    It was bad luck to pick Holiday in g3 in FP instead of Middleton. But it was sheer stupidity to pick Middleton one game too late and Giannis a second time, this time in FP, for g4 when it was only 1-2 against the Bucks. At least wait until an elimination game before getting rid of the two-time MVP for this season. Now Irving is hurt, too, I am out of Giannis, and it looks as if there were a decent chance of the Antetokounmpo brothers making it at least to the conference finals. Some bad luck, a lot of bad picks :)

    Meanwhile CP3 plays out of his mind. Of course I can´t pick him, I have to reserve at least some players for the conference finals in the West. I have this distinct feeling that the Clippers will win tonight and make this series another Clippers-Playoff-Nightmare. Are they unable to either win or lose in a normal way? The simple fact that I picked Kawhi and PG13 in the first round in GD and in FP should be a certain sign that they will probably even cancel out the Jazz, just to prove everybody wrong. Then in either the West Finals or the NBA Finals they will go up 3-0 and lose (or the other way around). Argh!

    Playoffs are interesting this year, but DTTF-wise they drive me up the wall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I agree that this playoffs are wild DTTF-wise... I picked top3 Bucks first three games, of course with not the best order and now I have to pick Nets players and hope they still make it to ECF.

      3 series are tied 2-2 and I already picked 4 Hawks, 3 Bucks and 3 Clippers... so now I have to pick from other teams hoping they can still advance or going all-in, but it's too risky. Of course Clippers won and look like they can win this series and go even further and I think they can win (maybe I should guarantee it, so it will not happen xD).

      At least Suns made it to WCF easily, so I have all of them except Booker, but it's still nice.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Yes, whooping 1/6 this time xD and it was only thanks to Philly-Hawks game as no one from Utah and Clippers had double-double... but maybe it's start to good series ;)

      Delete

Post a Comment