(Not)Guaranteed: Shooters are going to make shots

Welcome to another edition of Guarantees in which I (do not) guarantee playoffs things that can happen in next 4 days, in which we have 2nd round games in this playoffs. Guarantees are guaranteed now in less than 50% (19/44), so it's not that great even if they seem like they are very probable... but I hope it can get better and at the end more than 50% of them will be correct ;) Let's get in to see what can be guaranteed for next few days.

Tuesday Guarantees

Guarantee #48: Shooters are going to make shots! I guarantee both Bojan and Bogdan Bogdanovic (by the way if you pick Bogdanovic, pay attention to first name or at least team) will make at least 3 3-pointers. [Not correct, Bogdan made 2 3's]

Guarantee #49: Bounce back! I guarantee Sixers will bounce back and win against the Hawks by at least 10 points. [Correct]

Wednesday Guarantees

Guarantee #50: Joker is going big! I guarantee Nikola Jokic will have at least 30 points and 10 rebounds in Game 2. [Not correct, he had 24 & 13]

Thursday Guarantees 

Guarantee #51: Shooters are going to make shots! I guarantee all four teams playing that day will make 12+ 3-pointers. [Not correct]

Guarantee #52: Bench contribution! I guarantee at least two players coming from the bench will score at least 15 points. [Not correct, only Clarkson delivered from the bench]

Friday Guarantees

Guarantee #53: Road win! I guarantee at least one of road teams (Suns, Sixers) will win Game 3. [Correct, both teams won on the road]

Guarantee #54: Big scoring numbers! I guarantee at least two players will score 35+ points (I think about Embiid and Booker, but we will see how it works). [Not correct, no one scored 35+ points]

 



Feel free to discuss in comments not only my guarantees, but also games, players performances and fantasy implications. And whenever you read it, have a nice day!

Comments

  1. I am afraid #49 will be true, and #48 would be in danger in case of a blow-out. I still have Bogdan picked, so I hope I will be wrong.

    I agree with #50, even if it seems like Ayton did a good job in the first game. But the Joker is too good to have such a modest line (for him) two games in a row.

    I don't think #51 will become true, I think the Clippers will be under 12.

    #52, I think Clarkson will do. But I am not sure about another one. Also want to see who will come off the bench for the Clippers in this series, as Zubac should start against Gobert. But right now I don't see it.

    #53 Maybe even both of them?

    #54 I agree with Booker, and Embiid or maybe Tobias.

    4/7 this time. I have Bogdan, Porter and Anteto lined up until Thursday. Not a great game by Middleton last night, but everyone else had poor results too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice, thanks for comment :) we'll see what happens, I'll take 4/7 as it's still more than 50% ;)

      I'm also going with Bogdan today and then Giannis on Game 3, but tommorow I'll take someone other than Porter from Denver, probably Monte Morris hoping for his bounce-back game.

      Delete
    2. Damn ya'll, Bogdan, Porter, Giannis are my next 3 as well. I'm never gonna catch up if I'm always picking the same as everyone, LOL. Good to see Maciej is gonna pick a different Nugget though. Morris could be risky; I'd say Campazzo instead

      Delete
    3. Maybe I should switch always when I want to pick the same player as you, because we all know results ;) but yeah, I want to pick someone else than Porter as I think he won't play that well and Morris' bounce back from 1/10 looks promising for me even if it's risky ;) but I'm also not great now, so I want to just have more fun with picks and Monte is my guy ;)

      Delete
    4. He went 1/10 since I picked him

      Delete
  2. embid tonight Porter tomorow.76ers have 3 or 4 wotthwhile picks Tonight im using 1 they down 1 and need a big game and want take Embid before he get hurt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joel had big game, nice pick ;) but I feel like he has to be this good against Nets because who is going to guard him? The only concern is injury, but I hope he'll be fine...

      Porter is probably the most popular pick for tommorow, that is why I want to pick someone else ;)

      Delete
    2. I was going to pick Mitchel who did great

      Delete
  3. Looks like everyone on Denver became invisible tonight except Jokic but this was the only game so shouldn't lose much ground might even gain a little back with Porter's 18

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, looks like no one from Denver was worth picking... Morris went 1/7 this time, but 11 PRA is even better than Gordon and Campazzo and I just saved Porter hoping for his big game at home.

      Delete
  4. Only game of the night, Jokic just got crowned MVP, this should have been a great pick. It was okay. He got 43 in a blowout. Not too shabby for three quarters. Close game would have been better.

    Tonight it´s time to clean out the Bucks. I´ll start with Giannis, like everybody else and Holiday in FP. Tomorrow it´s Gordon and Porter Jr. in what will be probably my last visit to this particular series.

    These playoffs are still a looong way to go.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment