(Not)Guaranteed: On fire!

Welcome to another edition of Guarantees in which I (do not) guarantee playoffs things that can happen in next 4 days. So far 31/74 Guarantees were correct and now we're going to Conference Finals probably no one expected before the season... only four teams left in the fight for Larry O'Brien trophy and now we have to pick players from every remaining game. So let's get in to see what can be guaranteed for next four games.

Guarantee #75: On fire! I guarantee Suns will shoot over 40% from the outside in Game 2 (just like they did in Game 1 - 13/32). [Not correct, they went cold 6/26, 23%]

Guarantee #76: 0-2 Again! I guarantee Suns are going to win Game 2 and Clippers will be down 0-2 for the third time this playoffs (just like Nuggets were with 1-3 three times in a row last year). [Correct]

Guarantee #77: Not too Young! I guarantee Trae will have 25&10 double-double in his first ECF game. [Correct, he went for 48 & 11]

Guarantee #78: Denying! I guarantee Bucks will have at least 5 blocks in Game 1. [Not correct, they had 4 blocks]

Guarantee #79: DominAyton! I guarantee DeAndre Ayton will have at least 20 points and 10 rebounds in Game 3. [Not correct, he had 18 & 9]

Guarantee #80: French support! I guarantee Nicolas Batum will have at least 10 points and 5 rebounds in Game 3. [Not correct, I guaranteed it before he was moved to bench and has smaller role now]

Guarantee #81: True Jrue! I guarantee Holiday will have at least 20 points, 5 rebounds and 5 assists in Game 2. [Not correct, he had just 2 rebounds :/]

Guarantee #82: Bonus! I guarantee there will be more than 100 Guarantees this year. (I even wanted to guarantee that I will pick someone with 0 PRA, but this above is probably just a little bit more sure ;)) [Correct]




Feel free to discuss in comments not only my guarantees, but also games, players performances and fantasy implications. And whenever you read it, have a great day!

Comments

  1. It looks good for me (not sure about 79 and 80). Definitely looks better than my next picks xD At least we can have Cameron Payne without CP3 for game2, but I guess everyone will pick him. If someone told me I'd start by picking Payne and Connaughton in the Conference Finals I'd ask him to share some of his drink

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's Payneful time for us ;) I start Sweet Lou in Game 1 of ECF and I'm waiting for Bucks rotation (if they don't play Portis and Forbes will play 5 minutes like in 2nd round, then I'm screwed for Game 5 and later, and I have to pray for blowouts lol). Of course I didn't expect this situation to occur, but at least I can laugh at myself ;)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Portis not playing killed me since when is he benched

      Delete
    2. Yeah, we don't know Bucks' rotation for this round, but with Nets from Game 5 they played without Portis and even Forbes played like 5 minutes, so there were just 6 guys playing (and I picked 5 of them xD). But at the start of the series they can try more guys and maybe there will be blowouts so others can play more ;)

      Delete
  3. what do you thknk of the Olympic picks ? I think they went too small.Id have put in Jerome Allen over Lopez too.And Love is always hurt.Durant,Booker,Lillard,Harden,Tatum,Beal Bam good picks But id want 3 centers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just think we have to wait for full roster, but it looks like this time they have enough talent to win this, but it's interesting for me if Harden & CP3 can coexist again after what happened in Houston ;)

      Delete
    2. CP3 declined They need size The entire team i saw was announced Lopez the 2nd center

      Delete
    3. Funny how Shams reported he commited and then Woj that he declined - maybe it was because of Harden ;) if we have full roster, then we can judge, but I think this team will be a lot better than team who was 7th in 2019 and I expect them to win all games.

      Delete
    4. im a big fan of the Olympic Hoops teams I think they need more size Theres plenty available

      Delete
    5. Well, they have Bam, Draymond and Love from bigs, I think it is enough size with big forwards like KD and Grant. If they don't win gold, I'll be surprised because Big 3 of KD, Book and Dame is just too good ;)

      Delete
  4. Ah, the curse of the European. I try to pick two days in advance, so I don´t have the info that Nicolas Batum is out and Zubac is in. Too bad. As funny as Payne was in GD (where he got lots of picks), that is how bad Batum was for me in FP. Ouch. No who to pick for g3? Is Zubac playing again? Mann? Beverly? Rondo? Batum? I will most certainly not stay up until 2 a.m. just to see who is in the starting five.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, now every game will be at night in Europe, so it's not ideal ;/ I thought about Beverley today as he defended Booker well and should play more, but his numbers aren't impressive at all even with more playing time, so I'm taking a risk with Zubac hoping Lue will give him starting role again.

      Delete
    2. Yes, I know about this curse lol I am going with Morris tonight, hoping for a bounce-back game. Another great pick xD

      Delete
    3. At least you didn't take Rondo for 0 PRA or even -2 in FP xD

      Zubac was great pick, I'm happy, but I don't know who to pick next from this series, but it's still nice with many choices from Suns. And return of CP3 shows it was great decision to pick Payne in G2.

      Other series is so bad for me... after taking Lou-Will for 3 PRA, I'm going with Forbes in G2 hoping Bucks will shoot well from 3 and Forbes will make some of them and gives me 10 PRA. I never expected that would be my dream score in DttF, but wild things happen this year ;)

      Delete
    4. Yeah, it could have been worse. It will probably be worse tonight with PJ Tucker. Tomorrow Zubac, but I doubt he will perform as good as yesterday

      Delete
  5. were u at this is when we need advice the most..I got Huerter tonight and will take a chance on Mann tomorow.Im 36 points down in my league.Getting down the nitty gritty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What kind of advice can I give to you? You should trust your gut as now we are on our own (because of so many surprises in playoffs and limited options) and just want to pick right guy who performs well ;)

      For me, Forbes for 9 PRA was kind of nice despite, you know, 9 PRA is not great, but from Forbes I feel like it is good result ;)

      I'm going with Beverley today as I hope he'll make some shots and avoid foul trouble because he is primary defender for them and should play big minutes. I still expect Suns to win series, so I'm saving CP3 and Ayton for eventual Game 5 with 2-2 and Game 6 with 3-2 result.

      In East I don't have big choice and my best picks are: Gallo, Tucker, Portis and then S.Hill or Okonogwu, so wish me good luck to pick them in games they play and record some stats xD

      Delete

Post a Comment