(Not)Guaranteed: Exciting scoring battles

Welcome to another edition of Guarantees in which I (do not) guarantee playoffs things that can happen in next 3 days, in which we have first Game 7 in this playoffs and start of new exciting battles... Although Guarantees are guaranteed in less than 50% (17/38), I hope that at the end more than 50% of them will be correct ;) Let's get in to see what can be guaranteed for next few days.

Saturday Guarantees

Guarantee #39: Exciting scoring battle! I guarantee both Kevin Durant and Giannis Antetokounmpo will score at least 30 points in Game 1. [Not correct, KD had 29]

Sunday Guarantees

Guarantee #40: With or without Joel, no problem! I guarantee Sixers will win Game 1 against Hawks. [Not correct]

Guarantee #41: Breaking the rule! I guarantee Clippers will break rule of losing home games in this series and win Game 7 against Mavs. [Correct]

Guarantee #42: Another exciting scoring battle! I guarantee both Luka and Kawhi will score at least 30 points in Game 7. [Not correct, Kawhi had 28]

Monday Guarantees

Guarantee #43: Passing maestros! I guarantee both Chris Paul and James Harden will have at least 7 assists on Monday and one of the them have at least 10 assists. * [Correct, CP3 had 11 assists]

* If Harden doesn't play, then CP3 has to have 10+ assists for this to be correct.

Guarantee #44: 3-pointers' clinic! I guarantee all four teams playing that day will make at least 10 3-pointers. [Not correct, Bucks made 8 3's]

2nd round Guarantees

Guarantee #45: Favorites for a reason! I guarantee we will see Nets-76ers in ECF. [Not correct, Bucks won against Nets]

Guarantee #46: Another Game 7! I guarantee we will see Game 7 in at least one 2nd round series. [Correct, there are 2 Game 7's]

Guarantee #47: Big scoring numbers! I guarantee we will see at least 4 players having average higher than 30 points per game in 2nd round series. [Correct, Mitchell, Giannis, KD and Joel]

 


Feel free to discuss in comments not only my guarantees, but also games, players performances and fantasy implications. And whenever you read it, have a great day!

Comments

  1. I will be quick this time. I agree with all of them, but careful about the Hawks, especially if Embiid sits. It would be much closer than expected. So number#40 depends on his status, without Joel maybe the Hawks could win this game.

    I have Holiday and Hardaway lined up for the weekend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could be more careful to be correct more often, but it's also about fun and unusual predictions which can be a little bit bold (but not as much as Bold Predictions ;))

      I still think Hawks can win a game in this series just at home as Sixers are great at home (29-7 at home this season).

      I still think about next picks - it'll be probably pick Middleton and Hardaway/R.Jackson or someone more unexpected ;)

      Delete
    2. i got Middleton today and Capella tomorow Maybe he have big game with no Embid to guard him

      Delete
  2. Re: Mavs - Clippers. Are you kidding me? What the f is up with these guys?

    Well, I can guarantee this: I picked Kawhi and PG13 in both games, and from the Mavs I only picked Porzingis. So I guarantee that the Clips will win g7 at home. Just for fun, I will pick Doncic only in one game and Hardaway Jr. in the other. So I will either save Doncic for round 2 (just kidding) or lose out on Doncic in a spot where everybody will pick him who hasn´t already. Argh.

    In other news, the West is fascinating. Utah against either the Clippers or the Mavs, in the other semifinal the Murry-less Nuggets versus the Suns where Paul does what he always does in the playoffs, he plays hurt. Nobody knows who is gonna be the whupping boy for the Nets in the Finals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice tactic with Doncic/THJ pick ;) I think I'll risk nad take Porzingis, but I'll decide tommorow ;)

      Clippers don't like play games early, they lost Game 1 and in regular season they were blown out by 50 points in 1st half by Mavs, so there is hope for Mavs to win this ;)

      And yes, I also think whoever wins West will probably lose in the Finale unless Clippers somehow start to play better and show what they're capable of, but it's not probable ;)

      Delete
    2. i have porzingus but may not take him ?Should i bother ?

      Delete
    3. Actually I think Porzingis is risky pick as Hardaway had higher results than him in 5 of 6 games, but I just hope he'll finally play better... and I also think about picking Hawks' player, I'm still undecided for today...

      PG13/Kawhi/Luka are must-pick (I took all three) and then there is THJ probably best (doesn't mean he can't have bad game), but also if you believe in Mavs' win, then Reggie Jackson can be nice or you can pick no one from this game and someone from Hawks instead ;)

      Delete

Post a Comment