(Not)Guaranteed: Better day

Welcome to another edition of Guarantees in which I (do not) guarantee playoffs things that can happen in next 3 days. So far 36/87 Guarantees were correct and 3/6 from last episode, so it was not bad lately ;) Let's see what next games bring and what can be guaranteed for next 3 games (as there is no certainty there will be more than 3 games in Conference Finals).

Guarantee #89: Better day for Jrue! I guarantee Holiday will bounce-back after 6-point game and is going to score at least 20 points. [Not correct, he had 19]

Guarantee #90: Better day for Bogdan! I guarantee Bogdan Bogdanovic will score at least 14 points in Game 4 (It's bold as in all of his last 6 games he finished under 10 points) [Correct, he had 20 points]

Guarantee #91: Going to the Finals! I guarantee Phoenix Suns are going to win Game 6 and advance to NBA Finals. (I guaranteed correctly 3 Suns' wins in Round 1, so I hope I can make another correct Suns' win guarantee) [Correct]

Guarantee #92: More threes! I guarantee that both Clippers and Suns will make more threes than they did in Game 5 (10 and 9 respectively). [Correct, Suns made 17 3's and Clippers 12]

Guarantee #93: Rebounding duo! I guarantee Capela and Collins will have at least 22 rebounds combined in Game 5.* [Not correct, they had just 16 rebounds]

* If Capela doesn't play (questionable), then Collins and Okongwu have to have 22 rebounds combined to make guarantee correct.

Guarantee #94: Giannis' big game! I guarantee Giannis will have at least 30 points and 10 rebounds in a win at home.**

** If Giannis doesn't play, then I guarantee Middleton & Jrue are going to have 50+ points combined in a win. [Correct, Khris and Jrue combined for 51 in a win]

 


Feel free to discuss in comments my guarantees, games, series, players performances and fantasy implications. And whenever you read it, have a great day!

Comments

  1. Come on, Mann! Only 8??? Agree on 89, 92, 93 and 94. I doubt Bogdan is healthy enough to contribute right now. And I'd like the Suns to advance, as it's my only chance to have reliable picks for the Finals. But I think the Clippers will win game6 and, at least, make me suffer to lose every chance to pick xD Going with LouW tonight and Portis in game6, probably Cousins tomorrow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I also took Mann and he surprised me with this result especially considering no Zubac... if Clippers are going to make another comeback and go to the Finals, they'll become this year's DttF nightmare. I'm going Gallinari now, then probably Batum as I don't want to pick Suns and if they lose I'm still screwed. Then I have to go with Tucker probably or maybe Okongwu xD

      Delete
  2. Wow, today has really been a terrible day. Germany out of EURO 2020 (currently played all across Europe, stupid idea even without a pandemic), and deservedly so. Ukraine beat Sweden minutes ago in the very last second before the penalty shootout, which is also bad for my EURO-game at home.

    The Clippers, oh I really start to resent them. A lot. How in the world can they win again? How? And, adding insult to injury, I picked Mann (8?) in GD and, of course, I had Zubac tonight (in FP, obviously). So now I have to pick two more Clippers in g6, and then probably start on my remaining Suns in g7. If the Clippers turn this series around, I won´t have anybody left for the Finals.

    Whatever could have gone wrong today, it did. Can only get better. So it´s Cousins and Beverly for g6.

    Stupid Mavericks. Should have been them in this here position. How can they win the first three games played at Staples and not a single game played in Texas? They could have done what the Clippers have done since. KAWHI IS OUT, FOR PETE´S SAKE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i got Bodja tonight Im pretty much out of the winnings but always finish.I won my league last year

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good choice with Bogdanovic, his best game since long time ;)

      Delete
  4. I can not believe that with Trey Young out I only got 14 from John Collins..... and the Hawks won BIG! I got another red for failing to hop on the Lou Williams train and taking the SUPER scrub Pat Connington my most pitiful pick this year given his BEST game was 19 and that was in round 1 when nobody was picking the Bucks. The only upshot is if TY is out in game 5 maybe I'll get another shot with LW but what are the chances he'll have another game like that?! Oh well GD was completely over when I leaned on the 76ers advancing but FP looks like it's ending too since that deficit just got bigger thanks to LW 34-14 over JC.

    I wish everyone could get a clean slate of picks if the finals end up being Atlanta and LAC!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry I picked Lou-Will in Game 1 for 3 PRA, so I'm sure you'll get more from him and I think they will be without Trae for G5, so he can play another game above 20 PRA and should be great pick ;)

      Not clean slate, but players like Okongwu, S.Hill, Kennard will be top choices which sounds crazy ;) I still hope Suns will advance to the Finals and Bucks/Hawks really don't matter for my DttF choices as I don't have anyone solid from neither of those teams :p

      Delete
  5. Oh, come on now. Really? Trae Young is out, so of course the Hawks rout the Bucks in a game that was tied only twice and else ist was a beating for the visitors who also lost Giannis. Now what else is going to happen?

    Me, I was happy to at least have picked Bogdanovic in his first good game of the playoffs. Until I found out that I picked Gallinari instead for a not-so-good game. So that means Bogdanovic and Williams had great games, I picked none of them in any game. Harumpf.

    I now have Williams for g5 (which would indicate that Young can play again) and Bogdanovic in FP. Even without Giannis the Bucks should be able to win g5 at home, shouldn´t they? Oh, I have a bad feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  6. whether young comes back or not I got williams i got nobody else .2 things killed me 1 Portis didnt play in the 1 game i picked him and Reddish doesnt but played the day prior and day after game I picked him.That said i have Chris Paul left and dont think anyone else does and a few other suns not ayton or Booker.PIcked Ayton on day he got 22 that hurt.I did get 39 from Payne and 36 from Morris along with Durants big day.Im 39 points out.I need to pick Paul when he goes big.Im thinking of waiting a lil bit

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment