Kyrie Irving and James Harden Hurt - Can Brooklyn Still Win?

UPDATE FROM EARLIER POST


James Harden has upgraded for Doubtful to Questionable. Divine Intervention may be occurring before our eyes. Doctor Steve Nash to the rescue!


ORIGINAL POST


Hey everyone,


If you are like me, you have picked a lot of Milwaukee Bucks so far and have been relying on the Brooklyn Nets to win this series. Sunday's game dealt a crushing blow to the security of that strategy when Kyrie Irving went down with an ankle injury, joining James Harden on the sidelines. Outside of divine intervention, neither Irving nor Harden will be playing Game 5, and it is very possible that Milwaukee flips the script, wins Game 5, and then closes out the Nets in Game 6. What was unthinkable a week ago is very possible tonight. 


What should we do regarding our picks? Myself, I have picked Brook Lopez, Jrue Holiday, Giannis Antetokounmpo, and Kris Middleton. I am in a very bad spot in this game if Milwaukee goes down. Tonight I am picking Kevin Durant in Google Drive. He should have an absolutely massive game, and I can use the game to help figure out what the rotations look like for all the bench players coming in to replace Irving and Harden's minutes for a Game 6 pick. In Fantasy Postseason, I am in a league with a round multiplier so I plan to pick a Brooklyn guard to buy myself an extra day. I haven't decided which one to pick yet though. If Brooklyn loses, I will be picking Durant in Game 6.


In terms of actual basketball, I would love to see the Milwaukee Bucks win because in no way am I actually cheering for the Brooklyn Nets. It will ruin me in Drive to the Finals, but let's be real everybody was picking Bucks players anyways. We are all in the same boat. I look forward to an Eastern Finals deciding between Bryn Forbes and Bobby Portis with the rest of you!




Comments

  1. I'd rather think about picking Brown or Claxton than Forbes or Portis xd Still, KD will be the most popular pick probably, so we're all in the same spot after picking only Bucks' players so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, Harden status was upgraded to "doubtful", so there is a chance he'll play if his harmstring is ok. I think it can end like KD in Game 5 of the 2019 Finals, but I hope he'll play, be healthy after and help them win...

    ReplyDelete
  3. im taking Durant its his time to do it himself Hes a HOFer i expect 50 totla points or higher.Nets are my team but they get hurt if the wind blows.Harden great but he cant stay healthy they didnt get him for nothing they gave up 2 good players and drafts get ur arse our there n play dont watch your team lose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hamstring injuries are tough, I don't think it is as simple as Harden just suiting up and playing. That kind of attitude is exactly what took Durant out for an entire year after he tried to rush back for the NBA Finals against the Raptors.

      Delete
    2. well he played and wasnt hurt not same injury as KD.The nets been resting everyone all year.

      Delete
    3. played and didnt get hurt and they won.

      Delete
    4. I mean, he did and good on him. I was just saying if he didn't play we can't sit back and say "get your arse out there" because playing through injuries can have lasting effects on a player's career. You don't want to go out there unless you have the doctor's clearing, it isn't always as simple as playing through pain. A hurt hamstring can cause a lot of issues.

      Delete
    5. he played 46 minutes and is paid well injury or not injury and didnt get hurt They need him or they can not win.

      Delete
  4. Philly collapsed, most of the 76ers will be lost

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never trust Doc Rivers in the playoffs... maybe they can still win, we'll see, but with Philly and Utah losses I'm in trouble now ;/ I didn't pick players from those teams, so it's time to do it in Game 6...

      Delete
    2. I've taken only 1 player each from Philly and Utah but the worst thing is both Game 6s are on the same day (just like games 4 and 5) which means I'm going to lose Donovan Mitchell and Bojan Bogdanovic on GD, Rudy Gobert and Bojan Bogdanovic on FP, and Tobias Harris and Ben Simmons on both!

      Delete

Post a Comment