Unusual: Young blood surprise

Hello everyone,

it's time for something surprising and unusal - there is young blood, a new member in blogs' writers team. My name is Maciej and I was active first reader of this blog and then active commentator during last year's bubble playoffs run. Today it has changed and I became writer of this blog. So I say "hi" from the other side of this blog ;) I'm grateful to have a chance to write some of my unusual thoughts and I hope you will find it useful, interesting or at least sometimes funny :)


Polish your English, they say

I will introduce myself a little bit. Let's start with country - I'm from Poland (Central Europe, you maybe heard about this country thanks to Marcin "Polish Hammer" Gortat), so I want to apologize beforehand for some grammar mistakes I made as English is not my first language. However, I'll do my best to be well understood.

I'm interested in NBA since I was still a kid, in 2008 (I remember NBALive 08 and my love for Nash&Stoudemire's Suns), but the first full game I watched was Game 1 of 2010 Finals. NBA Basketball became my big passion and every day since then I at least check box scores of NBA games, read and listen a lot about it, which really helped to polish my English ;) 

Fantas(ticall)y 

I started my Fantasy journey with Drive to The Finals in 2013 or 2014. In 2014 I achieved my best result as I finished 245th overall (for more than 25000 participants). Inspired by this concept, I made the game with the same rules as DttF, called Drive to the Playoffs, which helped me and my friend to be more excited in regular season and had a purpose to be better prepared for Drive to the Finals (it didn't go better ;P).

Unfortunately in 2016 there was no DttF, so I started searching something new and I found Fantasy on Yahoo for regular seasons. I found this blog during 2017 playoffs, but I was only reading as it was too late for me to join FP. I loved this idea and I was sure that I would come back next year for playing. It happened and I started playing Fantasy Postseason in 2018 and last year I also joined Google Drive league, which I won. This will be my fourth edition in FP (and second in Google Drive) and I expect to have even more fun as blog's writer.

Long-distance shot

At the end of 2016 I started writing my personal blog about NBA in Polish language. I also wrote articles for some Polish websites about NBA and that was fun ride, which lasted nearly 3 years, so I do have some experience in writing about basketball ;) Furthermore last year I wrote scientific article about increasing role of three-point shots in NBA which was published in "Trends in Sport Science" (here is a link to this article) and this is probably my biggest basketball success.

Nowadays I'm just watching, reading and listening (and now writing again), so basketball is still a big part of my life. I want to share some of my unusual (that's how series of my articles will be named) thoughts regarding Fantasy Playoffs basketball with you, guys, and I'm grateful to have this chance thanks to Jerry and Jason. Let's take this long-distance shot of this year's Fantasy Playoffs. Hopefully, we can make it ;)



I will try to write this type of creative, unusual articles like this dunk was. Let me know if you feel them this way ;)

Comments

  1. Welcome to the blog posting Maciej! It's a pleasure to have you! GO SUNS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it's a pleasure to write unusual articles :) And Suns are finally back... at least in the playoffs for now ;)

      Delete
  2. Glad you’re on-board Maciej!

    I vividly remember 2008 as my last year playing PC NBA (2K8 though instead of Live08) with my high school friends because I had to move to Australia. We were 4 players, but we only had two controllers and a keyboard. So I did the illogical thing to do and installed our Dance Dance Revo control mat. Guess who had to use it :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks ;) so probably you had the hardest task to play on Dance control mat, right? I started PC NBA with NBA Live08, then it was only NBA 2K, but still I mainly played on a keyboard as I was used to it from FIFA games and I liked it that way which is a little bit unusual ;)

      Delete
  3. Just realised this is our 11th playoffs doing this! Missed the 10th yr anniv celebrations last year. Oh well... w00t!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Almost got that Golden State surprise victory tonight... Suns were that close to being the luckiest team in basketball. Oh well...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment