Play-In Madness: Pretty Much As Expected

Hey everyone! I'll be reserving my "recurring theme" blog posts until the start of the actual playoffs so these posts up until then will simply be analyzing the play-in games. I'll be doing my best to watch as many games as possible throughout the play-in & playoffs so that I can make these posts as comprehensive as possible. So far, I've managed to watch all 4 games & my thoughts are below!

Pacers over Hornets
Honestly, this was the most fun of all of the games. The Pacers simply looked outstanding & they were red hot for the majority of the game. That being said, Sabonis actually struggled for most of the game, yet his stats still ended up amazing. I'd expect him to have a better game tomorrow & honestly the Pacers look like they can beat the Wizards although I'm still betting that the Wizards pull it off because Westbrook also will be on a bounce-back game.

Celtics over Wizards
This matchup could have gone either way IMO, but as a huge Jason Tatum fan, I'm glad he dropped a fifty piece & took them into the playoffs. I really wanted to see both of these teams in the playoffs so hopefully the Wizards can redeem themselves against the piping hot Pacers. That should be a fun game & I'm gonna pick Westbrook on the spreadsheet for tomorrow.

Grizzlies over Spurs
I figured the Grizzlies would win, but I had no idea how dominant Valanciunas would be. Props to whoever picked him. I picked DeRozan who stunk it up, but finish with a decent 26 PRA simply due to his usage volume. Can Jonas go this nuts against the Warriors? Perhaps he can, but I best Morant plays better than he did today & may be the shining light for the Grizz in this next game. I think the Grizz can beat the Warriors based on how I saw them play against the Spurs so serve me up some Chef Curry as Friday's pick.

Lakers over Warriors
Everyone probably thought this would be a Lakers victory, but the Dubs sure made it interesting. They played a great first half & it's a shame they had so many costly turnovers in the 2nd half. Curry made some amazing 3-pointers as well as plays at the rim, but it was Lebron's shot-clock beating 3-point heave that ultimately made the difference. The Warriors played hard & I bet the Suns were rooting HARD for them to pull off the win, but alas, it wasn't meant to be. That means my Suns are about to get roasted in the first round. IF the Suns can ultimately knock the Lakers out in the first round, that's as good as a championship in Phoenix as far as I'm concerned. IF they could somehow do that, then who cares if they lose in the second round? They'd be the KINGS of the NBA. The Brooklyn Nets would write them a check, lol.


**What are your predictions on the outcome of the final two play-in games?**

Comments

  1. Well, I expect Pacers to have worst game than they did have against Hornets, so I think Wizards will win, but I'm concerned with Beal's injury, but probably Westbrook will turn in beast mode, so he is probably the most logical pick... if not Beal's injury, I'd go Brogdon, but I don't trust this Wizards now and maybe I will regret it, but I'm going Westbrook.

    In West I'm afraid of Warriors' loss, but they're still favourites... maybe Brooks will stay away from fouls trouble which killed Memphis in the last game of regular season. I'm thinking about Curry or Valanciunas and still can't decide.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The way I see it Curry & Westbrook are just too big of PRA monsters to possibly miss on. The first round is full of so many options with several games a day that there will always be plenty of big players to pick from even if the Wizards or Warriors happen to advance. Really no disadvantage in my opinion unless you really think someone else gets a higher PRA than them in either game but I doubt it.

      Delete
  2. Jerry you’re batting a 100% thus far. Keep posting. I’m listening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be fair, I posted this AFTER those games so it wasn't an official prediction beforehand, but all the teams I figured would win did indeed do so. :)

      Delete
  3. Prediction:
    GS over Mem
    Ind over Was

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally disagree with you LOL. I’m going Grizzlies & Wizards. I bet we’ll each end up 50% right.

      Delete
    2. I also have the Warriors as favourite, just because of how good Curry is. And I will take the risk to pick Morant. I am not so sure about Pacers or Wizards, and having Sabonis already picked I will go Westbrook expecting for a bounce-back game. And yes, I still can't believe I will have the chance to pick some Knicks in this game xD

      Delete
    3. Or I can just be 100% correct with my picks. I’m like an oracle over here. Perfectly predicted play-in game by game

      Delete
    4. you called it Jerry

      great game!

      Delete
    5. that was the best game of the play-in games by far; saved the best for last!

      Delete
    6. just re-read my post & I sure was right about Morant being that shining light as well! He straight up lit it up & willed them to victory with several key baskets and assists down the stretch. However, with a healthy Donovan Mitchell, they simply will not be able to give the Jazz much trouble.

      Delete

Post a Comment