BOLD PREDICTIONS: Go Bold or Go Home!!

Currently 0-0 since this is my first Bold Prediction of these playoffs. Clean slate, but let's face it, I always make this difficult, which is why I've historically only gotten only ONE right, LOL. I'll edit this post & post the results at the bottom once the games are over. So here we go!

Heat/Bucks: Jimmy Butler will record a 30-point triple double. This is bold because he was held to only 17 points in Game 1 & of course did not record a triple double. They're playing in Milwaukee against a hungry Bucks team that's eager to contain Butler & take this series, effectively redeeming themselves from last year. Also, while I don't have the stats in front of me, 30 point triple doubles don't come often for Butler as he probably only has a handful of them or less ever. 
*Perhaps this is also wishful thinking since I have him picked for today :)



Blazers/Nuggets: Michael Porter Jr will make at least 7 three-pointers while also recording a double-double. This is bold because he only made 1 three in the first game & also fell shy of a double-double, but hey, anything's possible & Porter Jr. for sure has the green light in this series! Those who know me know I believe in the bounce-back & MPJ shot 1-10 on 3-pointers in Game 1 so here's to 7!

----------------------------------

RESULTS:

MIA/MIL: What a disaster! Bold Predictions are back with a vengeance as I clearly cursed both players, especially Butler who I picked today. I watched that whole game and had eyes on him the entire time. I honestly wanted to punch him in the face. He did not even try & he wanted nothing to do with the Bucks. I wouldn't be surprised if they got swept. Hell, I'd bet a thousand dollars that the Bucks will win this series if there are any takers. Butler finished 10-2-4. Embarassing.

DEN/POR: MPJ wasn't much better in the Denver win. I still believe Denver will lose the series & MPJ will have at least one huge game. Hopefully it will be when I pick him. He went 18-4-1 & made 3 three pointers.

Current Bold Predictions Record: (0-2)

Comments

  1. You start certainly making it difficult to yourself xD I guess it wouldn't be bad news for my Joker pick that someone else scores and he can have some dimes too. Nuggets need Porter jr to be at his best if they want to make this series long enough to compete.

    I agree about Butler scoring big tonight, but I don't see him giving more than 6-7 assists. But I prefer to avoid picking from this series yet. Heat played good enough to win game1, we will see after game2 if it's time to pick from this series or not

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too bold. Butler 26/9/6. MPJ 28/7/3 5 3’s

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always go extra bold! And those are some very specific numbers; if you hit either of them perfectly, I'm gonna need you to get me a lottery ticket!

      Delete
    2. I should have picked MPJ today, lol; I can say that confidently even before that game starts thanks to Jimmy's terrible effort

      Delete
    3. Looks like 26/9/6 was also too bold for tonight lol. Butler did not put up good stats tonight.

      Delete
    4. MPJ sucked also. I cursed them both.

      Delete
  3. If Giannis is playing hurt, Heat will have this game.

    Anyone up for a Portland 2-0 lead? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not even close. Heat down 30 in the first qtr?? I've never seen Butler play this poorly, not even in Minnesota. Heat gonna get swept.

      Delete
    2. I don’t think Butler’s heart is in this. I don’t see Aggro-mode Butler

      Delete
  4. I was 50-50 between Jokic and Butler coming into tonight. Thankfully went with Jokic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good call. I posted a results analysis at the bottom of my post.

      Delete

Post a Comment