Getting through the Third Round

Hey everybody!

Sorry for being inactive posting for a while. Got a bit busy, but there will be more regular posts coming now for the remainder of the playoffs for everybody to read and enjoy! Let's look at each series and what we need to look at for our picks.


Miami leads Boston 3-1

Miami just keeps on rolling these playoffs, and a lot of their players are putting up huge numbers. If you've run out of good Celtics picks, you might want to consider grabbing some Heat players while they are on fire (see what I did there :P). In a potential showdown with the LA Lakers, who boast Anthony Davis, the opportunities might be reduced for Bam Adebayo to put up the sizzling numbers he has. Players like Tyler Herro and Goran Dragic have been lighting up the Celtics and are also worth a look. On the Celtics side, you are picking Tatum, Brown, or Walker if you haven't already. If already picked, don't miss your chance to pick a now healthy Gordon Hayward while he has a significant role. Hayward is my pick tonight.


LA Lakers lead Denver 3-1

Denver is now 6-0 in elimination games this playoffs. Are they going to make it 9-0? You likely are starting to run out of Nugget players, but there are a few role players to consider for tomorrow in Millsap, Grant, Harris, Porter Jr, or Morris. The bigger opportunity could be on the Lakers side where Dwight Howard got a surprise start and produced 24PRA. Can he repeat the performance? I'll take that chance and give him a pick, if he is starting. I do feel like a lot of us missed the boat on that one, but the options are so thin that we might need to try.




Comments

  1. Had Adebayo picked for G5 exactly coz of this.

    Switched to Crowder because of Adebayo’s G4 wrist injury.

    Swicthed back to Adebayo coz he says he’s good :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Haha no he was not!

      I’ll take what he had. He’d probably do better next game. And then get smothered next round.

      Delete
  3. Nuggets down 3-1 ....... sounds very familiar.....However because of the Kobe tragedy and Dwight Howard using Kobe's words from 2009 the chances of the Nuggets chances of coming back are far lower than against the Jazz and Clippers. The Lakers will pretend this is a game 7.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I took Hayward, but he had (FP speaking) mediocre game and even Theis was way better, but nobody could know that ;) so I took 5 best Celtics player, with only Theis remaining for eventual Game 7/Finals...

    I'm happy with Grant's result. Denver is finally eliminated (but this time I wanted them to win series :P) and I took career-high 6 players from this team (I wanted to pick also Monte Morris later) ;)

    So Lakers are in Finals and from FP perspective it's good as I used only Davis and Kuzma which means I still have LeBron, Rondo, Howard, Green/KCP/Caruso remaining. I would rather not pick any of KCP/Caruso/ Green, but it depends on who is going to play against LAL and how long this series is going to be...

    I'd prefer Miami to be in Finals because I still have Crowder, Herro and Robinson to pick, which is better than only Theis from Boston. Today I'm going with Bam as I hope for bounce-back game and I think he'll have more difficulties against LAL. In eventual Game 7 I don't know if I should go all-in and pick Theis or one of aforementioned Heat.

    This FP and DttF edition is good for me and I have fun ;) I'd like to know if in DttF there is possibility to send pick to one of admins as now we can see who pick which player and in decisive games it could be a factor, so I'd prefer to send my pick to admin as I'm 4th in DttF and want to attack top3 with good picks in Finals ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Since I was so low at the standings I have had fun picking LBJ, AD, Howard, Butler, Tatum and today Brown. I am now 7th in GD and 35th in FP, hoping for a short NBA Finals because I will run out of picks. But I had nothing to lose anyway

    ReplyDelete
  6. i got Hero today..2nd in my league but he has a few better options left

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment