AGAINST THE GRAIN: Rocket-Powered

While it may seem obvious to pick a Buck (Giannis or Middleton), with Milwaukee in a near "must-win" Game 3 situation, it's far from a sure thing that the team favored to make the Finals in the East that includes the MVP / Defensive Player of the Year is going to lose the series.

Meanwhile, the Rockets BARELY got past the Thunder & really stand no chance against the Lakers. Many of us likely picked Harden (*cough-cough regrets*) in Game 7, but there are plenty of decent picks among the very short rotation that D-Antoni runs. Most notably Eric Gordon (26 PRA last game) & Robert Covington (32 PRA last game, 38 PRABS) come to mind as solid options to go Against The Grain tomorrow. The Rockets are certainly going to try to shoot LA out of the building & neither of those guys are shy. Speaking of which, if Houston doesn't shoot a healthy percentage from 3-point land each & every game, this series could be over quick.

Even with the Bucks down 0-2, I'm still more confident in Houston being eliminated than Milwaukee. What say you?


----------------------------------

Comments

  1. Well, knowing that Bucks are 0-2 & Rockets are 0-0, I'd rather pick Rockets to win series ;) and more importantly they have at least 4 games left and Bucks can be eliminated after 2 or 3 - it isn't so unrealistic... so I'm going to pick Giannis/Middleton - probably player who plays under expectations as last day I was lucky with big game from Lowry and it's often a rule (I had the same with big game Doncic and Lillard's injury and one more time this year). Maybe it's time for me to pick both of them in different leagues? Then I suspect blowout and both having quiet games and someone like Bledsoe going big... so I probably stick with one of them ;)
    By the way from Rockets there is of course Westbrook to take, so there are 2 or 3 Houston players still to pick, not so bad :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AlexHerges:
    Wasn´t Milwaukee up 2-0 against Toronto in last year´s Eastern Finals only to lose 4 in a row? Why should they not be able to win 4 in 5 against Miami, even though 3 of the 5 are in Miami? I mean, even though all games left to play are played in Florida? Well, there is no homecourt this year so if anyone should stand a chance to still advance despite 0-2, it should be Giannis´ team, shouldn´t it?

    Then again, you pick a Rocket and the Bucks lose again to Miami and then what? Down 0-3 and not a single Buck picked is also not the best option. So maybe you don´t need to start with the Greek Freak or Middleton, but I think you should strongly consider picking a Buck.

    Just my 2 cents. No need to listen to me, last night I picked van Vleet and Siakam in both games while leaving top guy Kyle Lowry on the table. Maybe I should have started at the top there. And maybe the champs turn this one around I am lucky to have Lowry left? We will see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As I said before I see the Bucks-Heat series as a close one. But from my perspective I only have two must picks from the Rockets (Westbrook and Harden), though you can get a decent PRA from two or three more players on the right game. But why risking to lose Bucks if we are wrong and series is short? At least for next game I will pick Middleton, so whatever happens I will have him and the Greek Freak picked. And start picking Rockets depending on who wins tonight in the other series.

    Glad to have picked Lowry last night, I expect finally a good game by Siakam on the next one. And I still don't trust the Raptors to advance.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I went with this Against the Grain advice. I'm currently picking really bad in terms of performances so far, and I'm sitting near the bottom of the standings. Which means, I'm ready to take a risk. I believe in the Milwaukee Bucks. And if they don't, well, at least I'll pick Greeky on a different day than everyone else.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a way the Bucks blew away that 4th quarter lead. Glad I pick one of the top two Bucks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m shocked with just how bad they’ve been

      Delete
    2. Everyone and their mom’s gonna pick Giannis G4.

      Giannis, Mavs?

      Delete

Post a Comment