Series Reports halfway through the First Round

 We are around the halfway point of the first round, and here's where we are at heading into Monday's action:


Eliminated

Philadephia 76ers and Brooklyn Nets

We've had two sweeps in the East, which makes for easy gameplay in Drive to the Finals but nothing very risky or exciting. Brooklyn losing in four is no surprise, but it was definitely a bit of a shock to see Philadelphia go down without winning a game in the series. 


On the brink

Utah leads Denver 3-1

Tomorrow's pick should be an easy one: Pick your best remaining Denver Nugget. Those who made the good call to pick a Nugget in Game 4 now have the luxury of picking another one on Tuesday. Getting Nikola Jokic and Jamal Murray picked is a pretty huge advantage, especially if you went with Murray for his huge game. Good call if you made that play.


We have a series

Dallas and LA Clippers tied 2-2

This series should not be picked from tomorrow. Instead, just sit back and watch the magic happen. It's been an incredible series to watch as both Kawai Leonard and Luka Doncic are both ballin'.


Today's action

Milwaukee leads Orlando 2-1

Miami leads Indiana 3-0

LA Lakers lead Portland 2-1

Houston leads Oklahoma City 2-1

These series are little bit closer than the other day's series have been. The easy play today would be to pick your best remaining Pacer. However, you need to consider if that causes you to risk a big pick from the other series. Today, I'm picking Vucevic from Orlando, as I also have Damian Lillard remaining and want to make sure both players get picked. I don't have much confidence either team is going to make it past Game 5, which means I have to let Malcom Brogdon go unpicked. If you have already picked one of Lillard or Vucevic, then picking a Pacer might be the best call. 


Enjoy the action, and best of luck with your picks!


Comments

  1. Luka was amazing yesterday and I'm glad I picked him - it was another level of emotions and it gave me a lot of points ;) despite the result (Mavs' win) being bad from DttF stand point, I was a big fan of Dallas. I still think Clippers should win in 6 and after taking KP and Luka, I hope Denver wins game 5 and loses game 6 and I have both Murray and Jokic picked. Plus there is possibility to take someone from Celtics/Raptors as they play the same day as game 6 of LAC-DAL.

    For today I'm gonna pick my first Blazer, but I'm not sure which one as I expect Nurkic to finally play good game and I'm afraid Dame as their best player after going 1-3 could rest with his injury in game 5 (or at least play bad game)... I picked Brogdon, CP3 and Vuc before, so picking Blazer is necessary now and after that I think about SGA if Houston goes 3-1 or another Blazer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like your picks have been solid so far! Congrats! I really want to pick Lillard today, but my game strategy tells me I should pick a Pacer so Brogdon it is.

      Delete
    2. Yeah, I'm pretty happy, I have solid picks since day 2 (day 1 I had KP). I will probably go with Lillard today and hope he can play as well as in his last game. Brogdon is solid pick (best from Pacers), although he probably won't be as good as in his last game.
      Let's have some fun with my bold prediction for today: Nurkic goes at least 20&15 & Blazers win.

      Delete
    3. You almost got your Nurkic wish, but in a blow out loss. Rough day for most picks.

      Delete
    4. I had the feeling about bad Lillard's game and Nurkic's good, but didn't listen to my heart and pick Dame in both leagues (should at least have Nurkic in one) ;/ it's unwritten rule: when one day you go big (as I had with Doncic yesterday), next day is not going to very good (Dame proved it).
      OKC-HOU series reminds me a little bit of last year's ECF where Bucks led 2-0, lost game 3 in overtime (so almost had 3-0 like Rockets) and almost no one belived in Raptors (like in Thunder) after being down 0-2 and then surprise happened.
      I'm glad I picked just CP3 from OKC and now I'm waiting for game 6 to pick SGA/Harden depending on who wins game 5. For game 5 I now have to pick one of the players from Blazers and Nuggets and hope it's the right one ;) if only we have more impact on performance of those players... but that would steal some fun from this game ;)

      Delete
  2. I have already picked Vucevic, but I also have picked Brogdon. So my pick goes for SGA, hoping that the Rockets will advance as I already picked CP3 too. I still have Lillard to pick later. I don't think I will have the chance to pick CJ McSunday this year, because it would take the Blazers to force game7.

    Tomorrow it will be Murray, though I will be picking him and Jokic in the wrong order...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I'm picking Jokic and then Murray so we'll see which order is best!

      Delete
    2. I already picked Jokic replacing Porzingis on Sunday's late scratch. So I already know the order is wrong for me after such a great game by Murray xD

      Delete
  3. Got McCollum with just 20+ PRA.
    The Joker is next 🤡

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment