BOLD PREDICTIONS: Believe In The Bounce-Backs

Currently 0-0 since this is my first Bold Prediction segment of the year, but let's see if I can't do better than the 1-14 from last year. I promise I won't go any easier on myself!

Bucks/Magic: Middleton will score at least 25 points & make at least 6 three-pointers. He’s definitely due after some poor previous outings. What better way to get in some shooting practice than on the Magic in a Game 3 victory?



Pacers/Heat: Indiana will win Game 3 by at least 10 points. I really have no justification behind this besides believing that this should be a closer series. Where has T.J. “Michael Jordan in the bubble” Warren been? Who knows, but I’m predicting the Pacers figure out a way to win this one and build some confidence.



Thunder/Rockets: Chris Paul will rack up at least a 25 point triple-double for the Thunder. He knows that coming back from 3-0 is an insurmountable task & he’ll do everything in his power to prevent it. Even though he’s getting older, he’s still a baller when he needs to be; not to mention that OKC is a much better team than they’ve looked so far.



Blazers/Lakers: Despite the recently dislocated finger, Lillard will play well in Game 3 securing at least a 30/10 double-double statistically, yet the Blazers will still lose the game. Dame Dolla is a superstar, but the Blazers won’t be able to outlast the two Laker superstars. 



As always, be sure to come back to this post after tomorrow's games to see the RESULTS summary that I'll add here to the bottom.

----------------------------------

RESULTS:
Middleton did better than he had been, but it just wasn't a close enough game to get him to the bold numbers I threw out there, which was something I was afraid of.  (Wrong)

Poor Indiana. They fought valiantly & such a great performance from Brogdon, but it still wasn't enough to get a win. (Wrong)

CP3 came up a bit short on the rebound & assists, but he did what he needed to in order to get the Thunder a win.. (Wrong)

Lillard was 3 assists short of getting this prediction right for me; oh well. The Blazers lost as I predicted as well. (Wrong)

Current Bold Predictions Record: (0-4)
*It's a shame I didn't write bold predictions for today's games like I thought about. I was going to say Doncic plays despite the injury & racks up a 40 point triple-double, which would have been dead right! But alas, I never wrote it up :(

Comments

  1. Dame out of time. Tough break with the dislo finger even on the non-shooting hand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. G4 Bold prediction: Luka sits. KP goes for 50+ PRA, he gets my pick

      Delete
    2. I doubt Luka will sit a game. He’s a super beast.

      Delete
    3. it's funny now, because KP doesn't play, but Luka does ;)

      Delete
    4. Yeah, very funny...if I knew Doncic was going to play I would have switched to Tobias, but it was too late, so I thought maybe KP won't be too bad anyway...and now he doesn't play. Wonderful xD

      Delete
    5. For me it was funny and I roll with Luka today ;) at least you can change your pick in Google Drive League for someone from remaining games ;) but in Fantasy Postseason it is impossible to change, so it's sad :/

      Delete
    6. Yeah, at least I still have Jokic in the GD, and I hope the Jazz will advance

      Delete
    7. Update: You can pick new player in Fantasy Postseason in place of KP ;)

      Delete
    8. Thank you, now I hope the Joker will play...lol

      Delete
    9. I'd take 0 all day as long as Mavs win.
      And yeah it was crazy.
      Woke up late, past all games, watched a rerun, avoided all spoilers. Not easy :D

      Delete
  2. I would like CP3 prediction come true as he is my pick ;) from those four, I think Middleton bounce back is the most likely to happen. I love this series on the blog anyway as it allows to always dream ;)
    My bold prediction for today: Harden goes for 50+ points & Rockets win with 23+ made 3-pointers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your bold prediction did not come true but neither did my first 3 & the final game of the day is now starting

      Delete
    2. And your last prediction was close, but still not true... I'm happy with CP3's result (although Lillard was better), but Brogdon came out big one game after I took him so it's a little bit disappointing...
      So playoffs in East are boring now with 3 series 3-0 and Bucks leading 2-1, but in West we have all series 2-1 which is interesting.
      Today's pick is hard for me - I think about T.Harris, Doncic and Jokic as their teams should lose series. Picking Harris could be bad if both Utah & LAC goes 3-1 and finish series in 5 without taking one of them. Maybe Doncic will not be himself again in this series with injury if he plays. And picking Jokic is risky as I think Denver still has a chance, although in my opinion Utah has coach advantage as Snyder is better than Malone and we saw it in adjusments after game 1. So if Doncic don't play, I will probably pick Joker, but if he plays, then I don't know for now ;)

      Delete
  3. I'm thinking the same thing with the Pacers. The series feels like it should be closer than it has been so far. I'm just undecided on which Pacer I think will give the most points. I've currently got Victor Oladipo penciled in, but I can see my mind changing a few times before tip-off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brogdon was the man and I wish I would have picked him over CP3, especially since the the Thunder won and Pacers lost but oh well.

      Delete
  4. I wish CP3 can make it happen in the second half, as he is also my pick. Not on track by now. Also picking Porzingis tomorrow if Luka sits. Avoiding bold moves by now, I feel like I am taking all the obvious picks. But there's 3 more rounds to come :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Playoffs have been great so far. Crazy end to that Rockets game. Also, the Pacers proved they can put up some serious PRA on any given night. I’m now afraid to pick Brogdon cuz he won’t ever get 55 again.

      Delete

Post a Comment