OVER OR UNDER: New Column Debut for May 8th!

Okay, so an Against The Grain column really doesn't make sense for tomorrow since everyone really should be picking their best available Celtic w/ the team down 3-1. So here's a fun new column instead! I'll make a statement & then acknowledge whether I'll take the over or under. Pretty darn simple.

We all know the Celtics are in a lot of trouble having lost both home games & now have to fight for their playoff lives IN Milwaukee. We may be seeing the end of the a short-lived Kyrie era in Boston. So... let me throw this out there: Milwaukee wins by 10. I'll take the over. I watched the last two games & the Celtics stood no chance. I see the Bucks pulling away in the 4th with their crowd rallying behind them & Irving sulking.



Kyrie Irving will score 35 points. I'm taking the under. Although, he'll likely play a ton of minutes, he'll probably ended up forcing way too much & end up just a bit shy of that point mark, especially once the game is out of reach in the final minutes & he's either substituted out or stops really trying.


Curry & Thompson will combine for 8 three-pointers. I'm going over. Last game they had 5 & the game before only 4. However, I see them winning this game handily with the Splash Bros finally getting on the same page. I mean... they can't suck this bad another game in a row can they? As much as I wish, I just don't believe it. I've been burned by these guys too many times to doubt them in the clutch with a series tied.


Let's try this one again. Jame Harden will score 30 points. Under! The Dubs are the defending champs & you're telling me they can't stop a guy from getting 40 on them nightly?!? This has to be the game they shut him down & give him a putrid shooting percentage to boot.



Be sure to come back to this post after tomorrow's games to see the RESULTS summary that I'll add here to the bottom.

------------------------------------------------------------

Well I went 2-1-1 w/ the Splash Bros hitting exactly 8 threes. And Harden...well he had under 30 pts until there were 30 seconds left in the game & the Warriors allowed him a layup to get him to 31. I call that a damn near victory & it was a very bold prediction. I originally had typed 35, but decided to make it harder on myself. Go figure...

The Bucks / Celtics situation I had right on the money though w/ sulky Kyrie & all. He did even worse than I thought he would & the Bucks won by even more than I thought they would. Just an insult to last year's Celtics really.


Comments

  1. I think that you're going 2-2 with your predictions. The two corrects will be Irving and splash bro in my opinion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. - Milwaukee by 10: I'm taking the over. Blowout close-out game on the horizon.
    - Kyrie will score 35: I'm taking the under. Blowout close-out game on the horizon. A genius takes the under on this one.
    - Curry and Thompson will combine for 8 threes: Over. So taking the over. I'll be bolder and predict one of them will surpass it single-handedly. These guys are ready to heat up at home.
    - Harden will score 30 points: Over. Harden is a scoring machine. I'll take that bet. In a road game they will likely be trailing, they will be looking to Harden to keep them in it.

    I've got Horford tonight, and Lillard tomorrow on Google Drive.
    I've got Irving tonight, and Embiid tomorrow on Fantasy Postseason.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Curry will get 8 treys. Punch the ticket

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far he has 1 at halftime and has scored 5 total points. He’ll really have to change his ways to get to 8 3s

      Delete
  4. Obviously my wish is that Kyrie will be over, as he gets my pick. And I think it's impossible the Beard doesn't score 30, especially if they allow him to push his defender to create space for his shot everytime xD I agree about the other two

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't forget the 5 step travels and jumping forward into opposing players on threes to draw the contact!

      Delete
    2. Kyrie 2 of 12. Bucks clamping down

      Delete
  5. Bucks and Irving should be right, Harden will probably be wrong since his team is not on the brink but he only got 29 in G2 so there is a shot. Splash bros is a tossup

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well I was 2-1-1 w/ the Splash Bros hitting exactly 8 threes. And Harden...well he had under 30 pts until there were 30 seconds left in the game & the Warriors allowed him a layup to get him to 31. I call that a damn near victory & it was a very bold prediction. I originally had typed 35, but decided to make it harder on myself. Go figure...

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Bucks / Celtics situation I had right on the money though w/ sulky Kyrie & all. He did even worse than I thought he would & the Bucks won by even more than I thought they would. Just an insult to last year's Celtics really.

    ReplyDelete
  8. As bad as it was Kyrie, I am still more worried about KD's injury, it could really complicate things after spending all of the best Rockets. Let's see...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It def does however, GS imo is still the better team they should win

      Delete
  9. Kevin Durant going down reminded me of Chris Paul getting hurt last year but his team won and went ahead 3-2; it predictably did not hold up as a result.
    This time GS loses a superstar but goes ahead 3-2; should I bank on a HOU comeback?

    One thing screaming against it is what happened two years ago when Kawhi Leonard was on the Spurs and went down everyone thought Houston would force G7 as I didn't take Harden on FP and they not only lost they were DESTROYED by 39 at HOME with James Harden scoring only 10 regular points (20 PAR overall) for GD.
    http://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400952495
    https://nbadrivetothefinals.blogspot.com/2017/05/best-of-three.html#comments
    I've used Harden on GD but not on FP where I failed to use him two years ago [he got only 16 anyways as he had 1 block, 1 steal but 6 TOs but I missed great games before that].
    Go the HOU comeback route and pick Curry and Thompson B2B or take Harden and hope he salvages a respectable showing in a losing cause?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I already used Harden and Paul, so just hope for a big game from the Splash Brothers to close this series, either today or in game 7. Eric Gordon for me today

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, a few disappointments for me in this second round. Kyrie and EG big ones. But at least I didn't use any Warriors, if a big game by EG meant Rockets winning, maybe it's not so bad

      Delete
  11. Glad to see the Warriors close out the series tonight so we can relaxed and saved most for next round. Wished there was one game 7 for Saturday and instead of 2 on Sunday. So we will miss out at least one star in both series of an elimination game. For me I got Lillard, lucky I swap my pick to McCollum when he was playing at home. So I will miss out picking Embiid and I think that game can get out of reach in the third quarter.

    After Sunday, we can relaxed and wait until Tuesday and Wednesday for the West and East Finals Game 1 to start. Both Finals we be great especially I think both conferences will the top 2 seeded teams.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Got Harris.

      Hopefully the teams I bet on will push through. Coz I still have everyone.

      ::crossfingers::

      Delete
    2. We are screwed since Portland won game 7 on the road and miss out picking Jokic.

      So for the West Finals, I think we will be picking a few POR players and some GS players since it’s ok to pick them then when some could do worst in the NBA Finals.

      Let’s hope the Raptors advanced and we can clear our minds a little.

      Delete
    3. Yes, I picked poorly with McCollum. Even though he scored well, I was hoping (for fantasy purposes) that they'd lose. However, I love Lillard & am happy for the team. Luckily, Portland has some playable bench guys & if Hood is out for some time, there should be a pickable Evan Turner early on so my eyes are on him. Otherwise, I have Aminu, Harkless & the bench.

      Delete
    4. But if there's a silver lining for me, it's that I picked Jokic in Round 1 & him not advancing here prevents folks from slaughtering me with a x3 multiplier in the next round in Ken's league, so at least there's that!

      Delete
    5. Yes, now I wish I picked Butler instead. I hope the Raptors will advance at least. And I also picked Jokic and Millsap, so just missed Murray as must pick

      Delete

Post a Comment