Monday's Pick: Make The Safe Choice

It was an interesting weekend of games! Three road underdogs took game 1, and that puts us into a tough spot on Tuesday. But today isn't Tuesday, so that sounds like a problem for Future Ted and Future Marshall. Let's focus on today. We have two games:

Brooklyn at Philadelphia
Los Angeles Clippers at Golden State Warriors

Brooklyn currently leads the series 1-0. I have confidence that Philadelphia will pull ahead and win this series, but why pick from here tonight? Seems like there is no reason to. There is plenty of time to see what happens next.

Golden State currently leads 1-0, and is the team you can be the most confident in this first round. The Clippers have three solid picks to choose from with Lou Williams, Danillo Gallinari, and Montrezl Harrell. I think you can choose any of the three and roll with them. Don't complicate things tonight by picking a 76er or a Net. And don't pick a Warrior. You know what you're doing in this game, right?

I've got Lou Williams tonight. Who do you have?


Comments

  1. I like the Lou pick. A solid 25+ PRA guy.

    I got Danilo. There is inconsistency in his production, but hoping he bounces back in G2 from his G1 off-game. Crossfingers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I already picked Gallinari in Game 1, so it's Lou Williams tonight for me. I think Gallinari is a great pick. If I could switch Gallinari for Williams, I probably would. I like the bounce back here.

      Delete
  2. I also have Lou Williams. I firstly thought about Harrell, but who knows who will I need to pick on the same days the Clippers play in games 3 and 4. So I guess Lou is the must pick Clipper. Harrell will be an option if needed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly. Although Harrell was great in Game 1, he’s not necessarily a must pick & his big game could be deceiving. I’d like to see how he fairs in Game 2 & I’ll maybe pick him later on if a 3rd Clippers pick makes sense over my other future options. Galo for me tonight.

      Delete
    2. I would advise you to look at Harrell's recent game logs. He might be a must pick, because he can put up huge stats on a night in and night out basis as of recently since Tobias Harris was traded. Especially since he is such a sure thing to be going home before Round 2 facing Golden State. I'm picking Harrell once he returns home for either Game 3 or Game 4.

      Delete
    3. You may be right & I'm probably just sour because I know he's done shitty for me during season long Pick Ones for me the past two years. That & for my money Lou Williams is the only safe bench player pick on any team. Maybe Dinwiddie as a distant 2nd, but I get nervous about bench guys if any particular starter they replace is having a hot game.

      Delete
  3. Embiid to play. They better win or 76ers in trouble.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They’ll win for sure. And thx for plugging the blog in the fantasy postseason league! Just saw the email. The community here has sadly gotten smaller since Drive To The Finals has become a thing of the past with TNT / Autotrader.

      Delete
  4. Has anyone else noticed (from Inside The NBA) that much like last year & the year prior, the TNT crew is continuing to play Drive To The Finals via an association w/ Autotrader, yet it's not available to the public? Very annoying that they mention their picks & that they play while we're all left to these back-up plans, that while they work nicely, just aren't as great of an interface as Drive To The Finals once was.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment