Is This The End?

Look no further than the rest of the Mavericks. Down 0-3, they are trying to be the first to ever (!) come back from that deficit. As Coach Carlisle said, "Somebody is going to do it and it's going to happen." So yeah the Mavs have got nothing to lose by going for it.


  • Jason Terry -- I hate to see Jet go down like this with his last possible game as a Maverick, or at least at the American Airlines Center in front of the fans. He will become a free agent and it has been no secret that he is playing to audition for all 30 teams. I expect him to be aggressive at home (he is +3 PRA there). He is yet to ignite his engine in this series, and I would love to see him take flight this game. He gets my pick.
  • Jason Kidd -- The future hall of famer is consistent enough in this series that you can expect him to have around 21 PRA in this game. Note that he will become a free agent as well, and he is playing to audition for a contender next year (Miami? Noooooooooo! Please!). I'd like to see him backup Deron Williams -- yes I would like that!
  • Shawn Marion -- The Mavs' best defensive player still has a lot of tricks up his sleeves. If The Matrix's minutes stay as is, you'll be able to get around 23 PRA from him. And he is sure to get all those minutes with all his time on the floor needed to be the Durantula-stopper.
  • Dirk Nowitzki -- I think it's a big big mistake for any DTTF driver to ever miss picking Dirk. Pick him! Pick him! Pick him!

[UPDATE]

I figure that I will be busy the following day, so I am posting here my next pick. If you have not picked Carmelo Anthony yet, then what are you waiting for? Pick the guy for Spike Lee's sake!

The Bulls right now have no one worth picking on that date. Noah will be limited due to the ankle injury. All the others are below 25 PRA and are inconsistent.

The Nuggets are still expected to lose the series and I can still hold Ty Lawson for a later date or the elimination game. You may choose to pick him, and that's fine.

The Celtics are now favored to win with Ray Allen finally joining the fold and the Celtics at full force. I know I already picked Paul Pierce so I will have one less superstar to pick in the conference semifinals. It happens.

Now with Josh Smith still injured, or at least be playing injured, the Hawks are going down. And as I already delayed picking Joe Johnson, I believe now I can do that without any regrets.


Comments

  1. Ok, Taong... Terry is a possibility...

    MEM-LAC: I think there's only one consistent pick on Grizzlies (Gay) and two on Clippers. So, I won't spend my pick here.

    IND-ORL: I've already picked Granger and Glen Davis. I'll wait for an elimination game to considere another pick here.

    OKL-DAL: Picked Nowitzki, only Terry would be a consistent pick.

    SAS-UTA: Only Millsap has a consistent PRA... (Jefferson already picked).

    So... Terry or Millsap; that's the question. Looking at their season's PRAs, I decided Millsap is my man... (but play-off are another story...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with Millsap, may he get his PRA. He and the Jazz disappointed all of us last time.

    I admit Terry is a gamble, and only because they are in an elim game.

    Crossfingers

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi, I like your job. Question: did you count how many picks we have to do totally?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi gandru, no it's just a seasonal hobby hehe.

    The number of picks vary per year, depending if each round finishes early or late. Last year, we all had to pick 42 times from day 1 of the playoffs to the end of the Finals :)

    http://nbadrivetothefinals.blogspot.com/p/2011-playoffs-result.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very happy with Big Baby. He was the best of all players of the losing teams... except of course Nowitzki, but of course, when he has games of 32, 38, 26 and 43 I picked his 26 as did lots of other players. So all in all, very happy with Davis for saturday, a little disappointed by what the Mavs did in the fourth quarter.

    Sunday is tricky. No one left of the Knicks except maybe Chandler, but he is only a last option. Don´t want to touch the Bulls-76ers series, not really want to go to the Hawks-Celtics either. That would leave me with a player from the Nuggets. That would mean Lawson. But...

    CHI-PHI and ATL-BOS and LAL-DEN are all on the same days from now on. So if I want to pick at least one Bulls player or another Hawk I should start now. Hmm...

    Luol Deng now as long as Rose is out, Noah is hurt and Deng is not? Lawson as long as he is at home?

    Bah, I´m thinking far too hard about this. I just flipped a coin (no, really) and it says Deng, so Deng it is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deng is not too bad :)
      He had two straight bad games, but I guess he'll step up when he knows he is being counted upon to carry the team (e.g. the England squad).

      Delete
    2. I'm going with Johnson (ATL).
      Phillies won their game (3-1 to Chicago), so i'll pick a bull next time...

      Delete
  6. Grrr Joe Johnson!
    Josh Smith played well despite the injury.
    And Horford came back! Ugh!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment