Day One Upsets

Upsets ruin plans. They do! When you see half of the games won by a lower seed and even the reigning champions almost lost, you start to say, "Oh no not another difficult fantasy playoffs!" :P

First, the Pacers was right there with the Cavs up to the very end. Losing by just a point, it could have gone the other way. I don't know about you, but I am not touching that series anytime soon. I still expect the Cavs to win the series, but let me see a 2-0 lead first before I pick Paul George. Nice pick by the way to those who picked him this game. He and Grizzlies' Marc Gasol turned out to be the better picks in Day 1.

Second, my pick Giannis and the Bucks have stolen Game 1 from the Raptors, and quite convincingly. I am happy with the result of the pick, but the win puts a damp on the plan. If Bucks win the series (just a big "if"), then that's one lost Giannis for me for the second round. I am not selecting from this series again until I see a 2-x lead.

Third, surprisingly Joe Johnson gave the Jazz a W, stunning the Clippers. An unfortunate early injury to Rudy Gobert (pity those who picked him) gave the Jazz a new look on the floor and they found a way to win. The Clippers are still too good to lose this series, but I wanna see a 1-1 first before I pick a Jazz.


My Day 2 pick stands as is... Blazer Damian Lillard. It's a safe pick as there is no reason the Warriors lose that series. No way. Hopefully Lillard brings his all in Game 1 playing in his hometown.

The CHI@BOS series -- I am reserving that for April 18's Game 2. The other games from that date are the Bucks' and Jazz's games, which are off-limits :)

ATL@WAS is interesting, and OKC@HOU is a must-see. Both series for me may go either way, and so let's see where the games take us. I do have Dwight Howard penciled-in for April 19's Game 2.

Good luck on your Day 2 pick!

Comments

  1. Maccabi de LevantarApril 16, 2017 at 9:43 AM

    Mike Conley looked like a great pick after 1st quarter, then he disappeared...But this can always happen when you face the Spurs. Obviously Marc was the better pick. At least George was a good choice in Fantasy Postseason.

    For today, the obvious pick is a Blazer. I would prefer them at home, but probably we will need to pick from other series. And I prefer to wait on the other games playing today. Yes, even with the Celtics-Bulls. Celtics success depends highly on Isaiah, and I can't imagine how difficult it will be for him to focus after his sister's drama.

    So for me it's CJ in Google Drive and Lillard in FP

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats on CJ pick. You should be elated. Happy for you, it's the steal of the day.

      Delete
    2. Maccabi de LevantarApril 16, 2017 at 5:58 PM

      I still can't believe it xD I would be happy with 30-35 from him. He looked like he couldn't miss. Both he and Lillard were great, but they need more help

      Delete
  2. playoff rondo today!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting pick, with Butler and Wade still on the board. Good luck though! Even though he bombed out in Dallas, I like Playoff Rondo

      Delete
  3. Maccabi de LevantarApril 16, 2017 at 6:29 PM

    Pick for tuesday is becoming interesting :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I picked McCollum as sort of a sacrificial play, saving Lillard for the home game and picking somebody from the series I was most confident in who would lose. That worked out way better than I ever imagined!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi everybody!!! I knew about this Fantasy Postseason right in time and I could pick every day. But tell me, what is Google Drive game??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's DTTF done on an online spreadsheet. Hosted by Tangent this year.

      Delete
  6. So close to picking CJ and I picked Millsap instead. Oh well, it's still early. I've got PG tomorrow & then Isaiah Thomas next. I believed the Bulls will win that series & still do even moreso after that win.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Going Isaiah Thomas so quickly? That is gutsy. I like it. I'm not doing that myself, but I love the confidence to follow your gut and just go for it.

      Delete
    2. I've liked the Bulls from the start. But really, Isaiah will be at his sister's funeral between Games 2 & 3. Really no telling what affect that will have on him, but I can see family reality setting in hard. I'd rather take him now.

      Delete
  7. Two games for Monday, Indiana and Memphis are among the surest 1st round exits. That´s doable.

    Tuesday? Pure horror. Three games, and all three series started with an upset.

    Is the 1 seed Boston really going out against the Bulls? Can Giannis take the Bucks past last years conference finalists? Can the Jazz win a series without Gobert? And much more important? Who to pick?

    In the Fantasy Postseason game it is not really important who I am going to pick since I srewed up my first pick with Gobert. So back to the Drawing Board, my pick will be Blake Griffin.

    In googledrive I will try the same series, here with Chris Paul. Thereby condemning the Jazz who are going fishing after the first round.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maccabi de LevantarApril 17, 2017 at 3:54 PM

    Today I am picking the same players I picked on saturday, but in the other game. Paul George in Google Drive, I hope he can perform at a similar level he did in game 2. I don't trust the Grizzlies to force the Spurs to a close game in San Antonio, so I save Marc for a Memphis game.

    Tomorrow's pick is such a difficult choice that I think I will go with Favors, while Gobert is injured. So I don't risk losing important players later

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've got Paul George today. The choice for me is between George, Teague, and Gasol. I'm saving Gasol for a home game, since blowout is very possible again. I trust the Pacers to keep their game closer. Paul George is a good pick at any time, so might as well go with him tonight.

    As for tomorrow, yikes! I've got a plan, but I'll save that for tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thomas then Westbrook for me. On a game after Russ scores only 22 points I know he's getting over 30.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tomorrow's picks are going to be exciting, all 3 lower seeds (Bucks, Bulls, Jazz) are up 1-0.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment