|Week 5, May 21:|
Jet in Game 1 managed only 8 points in 3 of 9 shooting (9 PRA). A lot of people picked him in Game 2 so that was really unfortunate. Who knew that the Mavs' 2nd scoring option will slump? But let's credit the Thunder who really set out to limit Terry's capability coming into Game 2.
Here.. where will you bet more? Terry still slumping in Game 3, or Harden still doing an imitation of Durant? As the Mavs adjust to Harden and Terry adjust to the defense, I'm expecting both to get back to their average PRAs. I also mentioned before that Terry needs to warm up to get hot later in the series. So after 2 games, that should be enough of a warm-up for him.
For those looking for other players who "may" become an X-factor for Game 3..
- Barea - great in both games when he was on the floor, but a little benched in Game 2 because Harden was shooting over him. He will still get his 15 points and a few more assists.
- Chandler - 15 points, 13 rebounds. If the Mavs won, he would have been tagged the X-factor in that game.
- Kidd - had a fairly good Game 2 but only 3 of 8 from long range. He can do better.
- Ibaka - he disappeared in Game 2 having to put all energy on defense. He can revisit his offense playing at home.
- Marion - I saw some plays for him in game 2. He should be able to continue bringing mismatches inside the paint.